+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permenent Resident

Mickey2014

May 20, 2014
Hi,
Me and my wife have applied for PNP on 23 October 2013 and expecting it to get through by June 2014. We had a plan to apply for PR immediately as we receive PNP, so that we can migrate at the earliest.Now my Wife is pregnant, and am concerened if our migration will get delayed further since we might get rejected in medical test at the final stage of PR processing. Kindly suggest if there is any way that we can migrate without delay.

Mickey
India

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Mickey2014 said:
Hi,
Me and my wife have applied for PNP on 23 October 2013 and expecting it to get through by June 2014. We had a plan to apply for PR immediately as we receive PNP, so that we can migrate at the earliest.Now my Wife is pregnant, and am concerened if our migration will get delayed further since we might get rejected in medical test at the final stage of PR processing. Kindly suggest if there is any way that we can migrate without delay.

Mickey
India
Your wifes pregnancy would not cause a medical refusal, but might cause a delay because she won't be able to do the xray portion of the tests. There is nothing you can do to 'hurry' the process along. I did not immigrate to Canada using the PNP stream, but from what I have read, it is likely to take a minimum of 12 months to complete the entire process. If this is the case, your wife may have given birth by the time the medicals are due to be done and then you would need to only add your newly born child to your application as well.

I don't suggest you put your wife as a non accompanying dependent on your application in hopes of hurrying yourself through because then you will only be miserable at a later date when you finally apply to bring your wife to you in Canada and are forced to wait a year or even longer (based on current family time lines) to bring your wife and your child to canada to live with you. I mention this because I have seen many posts from new immigrants that chose to try this route and are now suffering an eternally long wait for their families to join them. You should also note, that as a PR you would not be able to go and live with your wife and baby in another country while you waited for her sponsorship.

Just giving you something to think about so you can choose the route that is best suited to you. Good luck.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Do research too in to the X-ray during pregnancy. It's personal choice but you are exposed to more radiation on a 6 hour flight than you are to a chest x-ray (and that's without the lead apron).
I did my x-ray at 14 weeks pregnant - I had research from the US, Canadian and British medical associations to say it was safe as well as a letter from my doctor giving permission. Some places are difficult when it comes to pregnancy and x-rays but I didn't have any issues.
I'm 2 weeks away from giving birth now

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It will make no difference to the timing of your PR application if you nominate your wife as non-accompanying. She will still have to complete the medical before your PR visa/COPR is issued. If the baby is born, you will also have to wait for the baby to be added to the application and have a medical completed first as well.

There is no shortcut. Only your wife taking the medical before birth will speed things up, and it may be hard to find a panel physician who is prepared to accept the responsibility for a prenatal X-ray, regardless of what risk your wife is prepared to take.

navigary

Apr 8, 2014
hello , need an advice i am a PR holder i make an express entry to Canada for one month 04/2013 and it have been almost one years that i am out , is there any problem when i come back after 16 months from the last entry to Canada
Thx

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
navigary said:
hello , need an advice i am a PR holder i make an express entry to Canada for one month 04/2013 and it have been almost one years that i am out , is there any problem when i come back after 16 months from the last entry to Canada
Thx
No. There will be no problem. You are well within the timeline needed to meet your RO.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
Only your wife taking the medical before birth will speed things up, and it may be hard to find a panel physician who is prepared to accept the responsibility for a prenatal X-ray, regardless of what risk your wife is prepared to take.
According to the panel physician handbook, they must do them if the applicant wants it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp said:
A woman of reproductive age should be asked the date of her last menstrual period to assess whether or not she is pregnant. Should the possibility of pregnancy exist, and after appropriate counselling, the applicant should determine whether she wishes to undergo chest x-ray examination or to defer it. The decision is totally the applicant’s and no recommendation should be made by the DMP.

If the applicant declines to undergo a chest x-ray on account of the pregnancy, then a chest x-ray should be obtained and submitted after delivery, even though this will delay the IMA process. If the applicant elects to undergo an x-ray examination, abdominal shielding must be used.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I read that as the reverse, in that the DMP should not recommend the X-ray against the applicant's wishes. There is no way that a manual is going to force a DMP to provide an X-ray if they are ethically or legally opposed to it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No doctor is forced to become a DMP if they disagree with the handbook or anything else to do with the CIC medicals.

The way I read it is: "the applicant should determine whether she wishes to undergo chest x-ray examination or to defer it" to mean that the applicant decides whether she wants to have it or not, yes or no, either way. And that the DMP should inform her of the risks but not try to sway her decision one way or the other.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
We'll just have to agree to disagree on the interpretation then.

niranjan147

May 27, 2014
Hi i am working in Singapore now as a Web Developer me and my wife is planning to move to Canada.
So i am trying to know how to get the PR do we have any chance to get the PR and move or need to get a job first and move.
Can i know the procedure and which one is easy?

Ganaa MGL

Jun 4, 2014
Hello everyone !

I do have a question related to PRC.
I will be going to Canada this summer and will work there a few years.
How can i get a PRC when i get there ?
Should i just fill the PRC application and wait for the reply or should i apply for PRC after residing in Canada for certain period of time ?

Thank you in advance !
Ganaa

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ganaa MGL said:
Hello everyone !

I do have a question related to PRC.
I will be going to Canada this summer and will work there a few years.
How can i get a PRC when i get there ?
Should i just fill the PRC application and wait for the reply or should i apply for PRC after residing in Canada for certain period of time ?

Thank you in advance !
Ganaa
You have to go through a formal immigration process before you become a Permanent Resident, and only then can you obtain a PRC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Ganaa MGL

Jun 4, 2014
Hey there,

I am still waiting for my LMO result whether it's positive, neutral or negative.
If neutral or positive LMO is obtained, i'm gonna apply for work permit. I guess if TRV is issued, i'll live & work in Canada for 2 or 3 years legally. That is why i thought i gotta apply for PRC once i get there.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ganaa MGL said:
Hey there,

I am still waiting for my LMO result whether it's positive, neutral or negative.
If neutral or positive LMO is obtained, i'm gonna apply for work permit. I guess if TRV is issued, i'll live & work in Canada for 2 or 3 years legally. That is why i thought i gotta apply for PRC once i get there.
There is no such thing as a "positive, neutral or negative" LMO. It's either approved, or it isn't. If it's approved, AND you can obtain a work permit+TVR, you can then work in Canada. Only after you qualify to join a particular immigration stream, can you start thinking about applying to become a PR. Temporary workers do not hold a PRC.