+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permenant resident card urgent quest

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
after 50 days of landing and five weeks informing the immigration center of my address I did not receive my permanent resident card.should I wait more?I have not changed my address since I informed them.what should I do?

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call the toll free no and provide them with your client ID...they should be able to let you know if your PR has been mailed or is still in process.

When I called them last week, I was asked to call back if I do not receive my PR card in another 2 weeks.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
after 50 days of landing and five weeks informing the immigration center of my address I did not receive my permanent resident card.should I wait more?I have not changed my address since I informed them.what should I do?
Call 1-888-242‑2100
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
They will tell you the status, have your CoPR form with you for entering details.
I called this morning and they said it can take 60 for the PR for to reach.

mak73

Jul 15, 2010
Hello Explorer ,
Could you please explain what 60 means in your statement .
Please throw some light on my case :
I landed on 6th July and provided the adress at the immigration counter . When should I expect for my PR card ? I need to travel back to India by 1st week of August .
Please provide details on my case .
Thanks
Regards

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
60 days i guess

mak73 said:
Hello Explorer ,
I landed on 6th July and provided the adress at the immigration counter . When should I expect for my PR card ? I need to travel back to India by 1st week of August .
Thanks
Regards

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mak73 said:
Hello Explorer ,
Thanks
Regards
Sorry, it is 60 days, if you tell at the time of landing that you will be going back on ____ date and show them the return air ticket they process the PR card fast ( although they give no gurantee), now you will have to make arrangement for the collection of PR card since they may take longer than 1st Aug

mak73

Jul 15, 2010
Hello Explorer
Thanks for the feedback
But on cic website its posted :
Newly arriving permanent residents (once Canadian mailing address is provided) : 30 days .

So how come it will take 60 days ?

Regards

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mak73 said:
But on cic website its posted :
Newly arriving permanent residents (once Canadian mailing address is provided) : 30 days .
So how come it will take 60 days ?
Regards
Correct the website says 30 days., This is summer time, a lot of new immigrants land in this time, so they take time. They must have told you at the time of landing 5-6 weeks or something like that.

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hi Mak73,
Would'nt it a problem if you declare that you are in Canada only for a week or so and then are travelling back showing them return ticket? Will they not stop issuing the PR as you are not about to stay over there?

just a question popped into my mind....