+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permenant Residency Obligation - PR renewal & Travel Document

mspr

Apr 19, 2011
Dear Leon,

Thank you very much for your reply. I would like to update again. As I landed in Canada on PRTD in August 2013 and returned back to Bahrain where I have residence permit in September 2013. I have lost my PR officially confirmed by CIC in July 2013. Hence, I may not be eligible for 2nd time PRTD. Am I correct?

Now I have gathered required documents to apply PR under family sponsor. Is there any condition that I have to live in Canada when my wife (Canadian Citizen) apply for PR of spouse.

I wish to visit my family in Canada early next year. In this connection, I am thinking to apply Family sponsorship PR application first and later a month i would like to apply for visit visa. Any chance that I get multiple entry visit visa? I would like to request your feedback in which way should I proceed?

Look forward to your valuable reply.

Thanks..

Best regards

mspr

mspr

Apr 19, 2011
Dear Leon,

Further to above mails, I have come back to Bahrain in September 2013. I have lost officially my PR and confirmed same in written by CIC.

Now, I gathered almost all the documents to apply my wife (Canadian Citizen) to my ne PR under family Sponsorship category.

I wish to visit my family early next year by applying under visit visa to Canada. Whether I will get Visit visa when my family sponsor application is in process? Whether the visit visa will be given multiple entry !!! or should have to apply visit visa first and later should I apply for PR family sponsorship?

Look forward for your valuable feed back. I appreciate your feedback if you have experienced similar situation.....

Best regards

mspr

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for a visit visa any time now that you have lost your PR. Spouses of Canadians are often denied visit visas based on risk of overstay but I think in your case, it will work in your favour that you lost your PR due to not meeting the residency requirements. You can prove to immigration that you are working outside Canada and are not willing to leave your job and that you are not a risk of overstay when you have stayed in Canada so little that you lost your PR. I actually think you should apply for the visit visa before you apply for sponsorship.

You do not have to be in Canada at any point for your wife to apply to sponsor you. When you get your PR visa, you will have to "land" as a PR to activate your PR status. That's it.

After getting your new PR, you will of course be subject to meeting the residency obligation again but because you are starting fresh, you have 3 years again that you can be outside Canada before you might start running into problems.

mspr

Apr 19, 2011
Dear Leon,

Thank you very much for your most informative reply. When I apply for visit visa, under which category should I have to apply. is it temporary resident visa? My children are 19 and 17 are studying in Canada and they are citizens of Canada. My wife is working in Canada and citizen too.

Shall I apply for multiple entry or single entry? Please advise.

Thanking you for all time support.

Best regards

Raju

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for multiple. On paper it will be better to apply for the visitors visa then sponsorship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mspr said:
Dear Leon,

Thank you very much for your most informative reply. When I apply for visit visa, under which category should I have to apply. is it temporary resident visa? My children are 19 and 17 are studying in Canada and they are citizens of Canada. My wife is working in Canada and citizen too.

Shall I apply for multiple entry or single entry? Please advise.

Thanking you for all time support.

Best regards

Raju
Apply for a TRV, multiple entry.

mspr

Apr 19, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. I have gone through the TRV applications.
I was permanent resident and I lost my PR in JULY 2013, now I am applying for visit visa. Please provide me feedback for following queries.
1. IMM application 5257: UCI - Universal Client Identification. Do I need to refer my PR ID No. in UCI column or shall I leave it blank?
2. Proof of financial support : How much money should I have in CAD $ ? Do I need to enclose my bank statement? If I want to show bank statement for how many months should I have to take the statement from the bank? We have a rental apartment where I am going to stay with my family. As I mentioned, my wife and two children (age 19 & 17) all three are citizens of Canada since May 24, 2011.
3. My wife is working in Canada and an average 25K to 30K she earns a year. My question is when she sends an invitation letter, she need to mention her job title and her salary into that. What is the reason of spouse visit should she has to mention in the invitation letter. Whether she need to mention about my PR status that I have lost few months ago (in Aug 2013) and I had visited Canada on PRTD status. Is it required my wife employment letter showing her monthly salary as a proof?
4. In my cover letter for TRV, shall I have to say that when I have immigrated and obtained my PR. PR reference no. and I lost my PR in July 2013. Shall I have to enclose my lading document and letter from CIC which I have received that I lost my PR status? In addition to that shall I have to add my stay since I had landed as an immigrant to till my last visit along with cover letter? Please advise.
5. Do I need to attach my salary slips? If I need to add how many months salary slips should I have to attach? I have got employment letter from current employer. In my cover letter shall I have to say that the ticket and all expenses will be taken care by myself and will stay in my spouse apartment where she lives? Is it Ok?
6. Do we need to add our relationship proof of Marriage certificate (notarized copy)? Pl advise?

I appreciate in advance for your valuable reply.

Thanks

mspr

mspr

Apr 19, 2011
Dear Leon,

Please help me out for above 6 questions. I have completed application process and all the required documents. Your feedback in this regards is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Best regards

mspr

mspr

Apr 19, 2011
Dear All Members & VIP members,

Please help me to clarify the above six queries posted on 9 Dec 2013, Please it is very urgent.

Thanks.

Best regards

mspr