+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permenant Residence

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

First of all, I apologize if its a wrong section to post this thread, that's why I posted in 2 places because I was not sure is it related to CEC or FSW :-[

I need your opinion your regarding my Permanent Residency.

I was an international student and came to Canada on May 2011. I am on work permit right now in Hamilton, Canada. I did 2 years Business Accounting program from Mohawk College and graduated in August 2013. Now I am on 3 years work permit and I am working full time in an accounting firm as an assistant of CMA. With the same employer, I was on Co-op also which was through college and after that I did part time job there, and now I am working full time.

My question is that because CIC took out bookkeeping field to apply under CEC program last September 2013. Should I apply under Federal Skilled worker because I have 4 years work year experience from India in Internet Marketing field (it's not related to my present job).
Somebody told me that because CIC took out Bookkeeping, is it will be risky to apply under Accountant field also (because bookkeeping is the part of accounting). If I consider my job duties it is more than just a book keeper but if I apply under bigger position than bookkeeping (say Accountant or Junior Accountant) than they(lawyer) say that my education from Canada is not supporting to that position because I just did 2 year post secondary course here and to show yourself as a accountant or junior accountant or more than a bookkeeper you should have higher education.

Thanks in Advance.

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
What about provincial immigration? I mean you have a job offer, cannot you apply under any of the Ontario immigration programs?
If your job is in the list of FSW jobs, then it does not matter if it is not in the CEC list.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
If you mean to say you want to apply under Federal Skilled worker Arranged employment program, unfortunately CIC has stopped taking PGWP as the basis of application for Arranged Employment.

You will need an LMO to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Arranged Employment even if you have a PGWP.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbss said:
If you mean to say you want to apply under Federal Skilled worker Arranged employment program, unfortunately CIC has stopped taking PGWP as the basis of application for Arranged Employment.

You will need an LMO to apply for Federal Skilled Worker Arranged Employment even if you have a PGWP.

I just read the latest news and it's still there.
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/01/canadian-employers-permanently-retain-temporary-foreign-workers-013132.html

Can you show me the link where you read that CIC has PGWP as the basis of Arranged Employment.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
the news article you cite was dated January 2014. It is not current.

If you look at the CIC website for requirements, you'll see the up-to-date requirements.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

brainmoore

Oct 25, 2014
I will be interested in an job in internet marketing field, i have more than 3 years of experience in online marketing. Any offer will be appreciated.