+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent resident visa result question

bisaya

Apr 8, 2008
Hello,
Its been almost 10 months since I submitted my my wife permanent residence visa application and the processing is super slow.I received this message from the visa immigration last week.

"Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

To people who apply for their permanent residence visa did anybody got this kind of message?
This decision means the medical results that she need to go another medical examination or other else?This is like a cliff hanger and my wife is getting heart attack.Is this a positive or negative sign?
If anybody out there know what his means let me know.
thanks your help will be appreciated

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
are you inland or outland?

if inland then its propably a decision on your AIP, sometimes (not too often) they give both aip and final decision in one, if you are outland then its the decsion either requesting your passports or refusing you.

bisaya

Apr 8, 2008
Thanks for the reply.My wife lives in the Philippines and Im Canadian citizen living in Canada.The Canadian embassy visa office in Manila have all her documents and her Philippine passport. All we are waiting is the result.Im just praying is not a rejection decision.If it comes to worse result can we make an appeal?

prab

Mar 23, 2008
Hey Bisaya, congrats, it should be for sure your visa, coz they never reject anybody without calling for interview in outland case. if your spouse had interview then chances to worry, if interview was never called then no need to worry. can you post your time line and supporting docs u sent to them??

bisaya

Apr 8, 2008
Thanks for giving us confidence
TIMELINE:
February 28 2007: Sent the completed PR application to the case processing center Missisagua
April 26, 2007: Received a letter from CPC that my application is approved and they are forwarding her application in Manila.
May 10, 2007: Her application arrived in Manila
May 15, 2007: She received a letter from the visa office that she need to obtain PRC (police clearance).
(My wife work as an english teacher in Jilin province,China for over 6 months that is the reason they are asking for police clearance in China)
June 1,2007: she did her medical exam in St. Lukes in Manila and she passed then was sent to the embassy office.
July 2007: Wrote a letter to the embassy that we are having difficulty obtaining her police clearance in China due to language barrier.She also one of the victim of illegal recruiting of teacher in the Philippines(the recruiter kept her passport when she is in China) so her visa on her passport in China shows only she got 3 month tourist visa and only she only found that out when she got her passport back.
Sept. 2007: Received a letter again from the embassy that they still need the PRC clearance in China.
November 30, 2007: Received another letter saying "If the information is not provided within 45 days from the date of the letter, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and will refuse your application due to non compliance.
Dec 10 2008: applied for a Chinese visa in Ottawa so I can get the PRC clearance myself and fly to China and that is the only hope and out of the blue we heard from her filipina friend living in China that she can help us.Wooosh.
She said China policy change everyday.
Dec. 23,2007: My wife friend and a translator obtain a PRC clearance(on behalf of my wife permission letter) and notarized by the Chinese authority with difficulty.They can only indicate the 3 months date on her tourist visa on the letter.We are still worried because it doesnt show the date of her whole stay there.The visa officer might question that.
Jan. 4 2008: We received the PRC document( I hope I wont deal ever again with the Chinese authority)
Jan. 10, 2008: We sent the PRC clearance to the embassy visa office.
April 7, 2008: We received the visa officer decision online that the decision has been made and they will contact us.
Now we just wait
Sorry its too long

NAZ78

Mar 23, 2008
My thoughts are with you. Hopefully it's good news. Canadian visa officers are considerate of the different situations applicants face, and your wife' situation is not uncommon nor suspecious.

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
sir! pinoy din po..according to our immigration consultant once the embassy required you to submit your passport eh sure thing na yun..the only thing you have to worry is if there will be any interviews and during that interview your wife should be careful about your history of your relationship.your children, if theres any and other personal stuffs..kami din nag aanaty but we are not done with our medical.not until april 18..hmmm.gano kaya katagal after we get our medical done to recieved a letter requesting for our passport to be submitted..thats a positive thing sir bisaya