+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal - employment issue - please help !

jyoti99

Aug 7, 2017
Hi Folks,
I'm applying for my PR renewal. My PR card expires in 2 months.
I have been in Canada for the past 5 years. However, I was unemployed for most of the period (I worked only for 2 months). Do you think my application will go to secondary review ? Please share your experience.

Much appreciated
Jyoti

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Unemployed need not be a factor for sec review. You can provide bank/credit cards statements, driving abstract, utility payment, property or rental/ lease agreement etc should prove you were inside the country. How many days were you inside the country. Did you have lot of travels during this time? If not, it should be straight forward.

JPH_0922

Jul 17, 2021
Unemployed need not be a factor for sec review. You can provide bank/credit cards statements, driving abstract, utility payment, property or rental/ lease agreement etc should prove you were inside the country. How many days were you inside the country. Did you have lot of travels during this time? If not, it should be straight forward.
Hi, how did your PR card renewal go? Was your unemployment not an issue after all? Would love to hear an update since I am renewing mine too while unemployed and on EI. Thanks

JPH_0922

Jul 17, 2021
Hi Folks,
I'm applying for my PR renewal. My PR card expires in 2 months.
I have been in Canada for the past 5 years. However, I was unemployed for most of the period (I worked only for 2 months). Do you think my application will go to secondary review ? Please share your experience.

Much appreciated
Jyoti
Hi, how did your PR card renewal go? Was your unemployment not an issue after all? Would love to hear an update since I am renewing mine too while unemployed and on EI. Thanks