+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Process

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Well at least you tried and they will see it on your application for permanent residence because there is one question where they ask if you ever been refused for coming to Canada.
Good luck during the process. I'm sure it will go well....

nga2009

Jul 1, 2009
Hi everyone!

Thanks very much for your comments.. i really appreciate them...

Well until now the only thing i received is a letter from the Embassy in Buffalo saying that they receive the documents and that they started to processing it. We had not receive any letter from them requesting an interview. So i think that is a very very good sign. Also we had not receive any letter from them asking for more documents.

It has been 4 months now and everyday i enter just to see if theres something new but it only says "in process" sometimes it really makes me feel frustrate.

One question!!

When the Embassy approved my PR were are they going to send the documents?? To Canada or to P.R.???? Im planning to visit him now on August and im really worried about that. Can a change the my address to Canada soo i can receive the documents just in case im still visiting my bf??

Blessing!

annemyrtle

Jul 13, 2009
Wow! I do the same thing, almost everyday I check and it would only say in process. I feel frustrated too same as you and mine only started last month June 5 :( I guess the buffalo time line is accurate 5-9 months wait.
I hope you you will get yours soon! Good luck!

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
nga2009 said:
When the Embassy approved my PR were are they going to send the documents?? To Canada or to P.R.???? Im planning to visit him now on August and im really worried about that. Can a change the my address to Canada soo i can receive the documents just in case im still visiting my bf??
It will normally be sent to the principal applicant, so the person becoming a PR, unless you have been designated as his representative.

nga2009

Jul 1, 2009
Hi Mitamata!!

So that means that if my bf is the principal applicant (because he's sponsoring me) that means that they are going to send my documents to Canada instead of P.R.????

THANKS!!

N:)

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
No, the principal applicant is the one applying for permanent residency. The sponsor is applying to sponsor the principal applicant and their dependants (if there are any). So you are the principal applicant and you get the mail.

nga2009

Jul 1, 2009
Well im going to visit him on August!!

Can i change the address to the one in Canada?? soo just in case im there still visiting him an they approved everything they just send the papers overthere?? or thats just impossible??

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
How long are you doing to be in Canada in August. I would not change the address to Canada..I think it's safer to have it changed to some other family member in the USA or something maybe they can then Fedex you the letter. I just think by you changing the address with Buffalo makes it seems like you are all ready to move there without their decision.

nga2009

Jul 1, 2009
Hi!!

Well until now we had not received any letter of they wanted to interview us........ or any other letter asking for more documents...

Just praying and crossing my fingers that they will approve everything before August..... its going to be now 4 months!!

N:)

nga2009

Jul 1, 2009
Nope!!!!! :(

i just enter right now and it still says "in process"...

im starting to feel very very frustrate!!

they had not send me my application back asking to send more documents.. they had not call us for an interview!!

the only letter i received on march was about they receive my application..

its going to be 5 months now..... and the status doesnt change!!!!!

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
I think that Buffalo seems 2 be very busy with applications recently because I've noticed that alot of people on the forums whose were transfered to Buffalo to begin with ended up getting transfered to NY or Seattle for faster processing.

nga2009

Jul 1, 2009
well i enter today to the cic website just to see if finally they made a decision on my case....

but it still says the same!!!!! "in process".....:(

now its going to be 5 months.....and im starting to get very very sad and frustrate!!!!

:*(

The Ichi

Aug 20, 2009
just a question... because I will have to deal with this shortly.
how is your boyfriend able to sponsor you? I thought it was spouse or 12 month
cohabitation. I'm assuming you two are in different countries now...
did you live together before..

Also with the 12 month cohabitation...if you can only visit Canada for 6 months tops...
how is it possible to manage 12 continuous months of living together? I need to figure this
out soon since it seems the application status is very long.