+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident portal no AOR

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
So we are basically screwed then. If they deny it because it lacks the AOR. Does she have time to apply for visitor visa instead? Or does she have to leave instantly?

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
We are debating canceling our current pr application. And sending in a paper based one. But with her visa expiring on may 5th. Would we have time?

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for asking around. I just made that second thread because it's in a way about a different issue. It's such a stressful situation. I wouldn't have applied online if they said that AOR can take months. It feels so stupid that we might lose eight months of work from applying online instead of paper(4 months for AOR, then 4 months processing work visa)

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for asking around. I just made that second thread because it's in a way about a different issue. It's such a stressful situation. I wouldn't have applied online if they said that AOR can take months. It feels so stupid that we might lose eight months of work from applying online instead of paper(4 months for AOR, then 4 months processing work visa)
We lost about 4-6 months because our documents got returned due to missing information, wrongs etc. we redid it and resent again paper based in march 2022.
Worse case scenario do visitor record at least your spouse doesnt need to leave Canada and within 6-7 months her PR card will arrive. In my case we will submit visitor record so that she can stay with me

ukris19

Feb 6, 2019
Hi. I sponsored my wife through the permanent residence portal on march 28. Now we are applying to extend her work permit. But they want us to include her AOR, but we haven't received one. And her visa expires on may 5th. What do we do?
My wife is on a visit visa and her 6 months expired in March 2022 but I applied for a visitor record, in Feb 2022, to extend it for 6 more months. I am expecting an acceptance or rejection in a couple of months for that visitor record she is currently now in implied status. My aim was to apply for PR+OWP online but it was late when I found out I have to wait for AOR to apply for OWP separately.

We applied for her Spouse PR in Feb 2022 and received the File Number last week. Does that mean AOR is received?
We both have PR tracker accounts now. My account says "Acknowledgement of Receipt" on May 11, does that mean AOR is done? Can I apply for OWP?
I am assuming that when the account says "Eligibility is Completed" that is when AOR is received. I am not sure.
Can I still go ahead and apply for OWP since I have a File Number now?
Can you please share your experience?