+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Portal - Applicant out of country

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
Hi,
My parents received a request to create accounts for Permanent Resident Portal (under Parents & Grand Parents sponsorship) couple of days ago but they are currently out of country (USA) and can only be back in June 2024. It was on Mar 13, 2023 they had their medicals done. So I am not sure if there are any restriction (maximum number of days) in answering the below question and would impact their application in any way. Please advice, Any help is much appreciated.

If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All they can do is enter a truthful date that they expect to be back in Canada. Seven months may be more than IRCC will allow, but they seem to have no other option, right?

Good luck!

Reactions: YVR123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
My parents received a request to create accounts for Permanent Resident Portal (under Parents & Grand Parents sponsorship) couple of days ago but they are currently out of country (USA) and can only be back in June 2024. It was on Mar 13, 2023 they had their medicals done. So I am not sure if there are any restriction (maximum number of days) in answering the below question and would impact their application in any way. Please advice, Any help is much appreciated.

I would think that the better option is to see if they can be issued immigrant visas in their passports, i.e. through VFS. I presume they indicated before this that they were IN Canada and then did not correct / change their address to reflect being outside the country.

There miight be instructions in the invitation letter about how to do this, but they may need to contact IRCC by phone or otherwise.

Note: it's quite likely they'd only be issued visas/copr for physical landing procedure valid through Mar 2024, i.e. the anniversary of their medicals. You say they 'can't' return to Canada before that, but you should expect zero flexibility on this. They can soft-land (land and depart shortly thereafter), but they will need to land.

Reactions: Ponga and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

Follow the instruction "If you are not inside Canada". It's not like they will return in a few days and delay creating this portal. It's more than 6 months. And since their medical will expire in Mar 2024, that would likely be the expiry day for the COPR for them to land. Can they do soft landing before the expiry?

Rohit11t

Jul 30, 2015
Follow the instruction "If you are not inside Canada". It's not like they will return in a few days and delay creating this portal. It's more than 6 months. And since their medical will expire in Mar 2024, that would likely be the expiry day for the COPR for them to land. Can they do soft landing before the expiry?
Not sure if they can come. Only issue is if they come they cannot go back to USA immediately and they have to be there to help my sister who's recovering from medical condition.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Not sure if they can come. Only issue is if they come they cannot go back to USA immediately and they have to be there to help my sister who's recovering from medical condition.
If they do soft landing as I describe they could return the next day.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do they have a single entry visitor visa to USA?
It will be a hard choice. IRCC usually do not provide extension to COPR pass medical expiry.
If their visa allow it, they could come to the border, finish the landing process and go back to USA and care for your sister.