+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent resident in Canada

deejay92

Dec 12, 2018
Hello guys I hope you're doing well... please can anyone help me because I'm a lot confused about my PR Cart...
I become a permanent resident at September 18th 2018 at Etobicoke immigration.... and I send every single what they request for me with 2 photos, everything looks fine and immigration officer told me everything is okay and she told me your permanent card is not going to take longer than 8 week..... but in November 17th about two months later I receive an email from immigration which request me to bring again to photos because the photod what I send it wasn't correct.... and I sending same day my Canada Post tracking mail and they receive it in November 22nd... I called about three weeks later to see is everything is going okay and she told me it's not updated yet and still my payment cart it's pending.... please can anyone help me to tell me about the processing time for this this kind of situation .... tell me how long is going to take Thrifty the rest of my first premier card....Thanks

ojitos

Dec 12, 2018
There are other threads about this. If you were asked for photos, your application will get to the bottom of the line again meaning you will restart the 8 week count.

alan_ya

Dec 12, 2018
Hi everyone, I received an email before 2 months ago in october 2018 said that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. But the final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and your family members. However, I already submitted all the requirements including medical and police certificate. Also, all my famliy members granted pr last month and we submitted all applications together in may 2017. Could you please someone explain for me what does this message mean and why mine take it longer than them right now my timeline almost 19 months

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I received an email before 2 months ago in october 2018 said that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. But the final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and your family members. However, I already submitted all the requirements including medical and police certificate. Also, all my famliy member granted pr last month and we submitted all applications together in may 2017. Could you please someone explain for me what does this message mean and why mine take it longer than them right now my timeline almost 19 months
Every application is individual. You are still under the posted processing time.