+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident card

Jul 8, 2020
I am from the United States and I have been attending a few classes at George Brown in Toronto. I fell in love with the city and would love to make Canada my home, how can I get my permanent resident card? Is there someone I can talk to and get step by step on how you can go about this, because I read the stuff online and it’s very challenging trying to understand all the information. I feel like talking to an immigration lawyer or someone to guide me through it would be more helpful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am from the United States and I have been attending a few classes at George Brown in Toronto. I fell in love with the city and would love to make Canada my home, how can I get my permanent resident card? Is there someone I can talk to and get step by step on how you can go about this, because I read the stuff online and it’s very challenging trying to understand all the information. I feel like talking to an immigration lawyer or someone to guide me through it would be more helpful.
You need to apply for permanent residency. You cannot apply for the PR card directly. Canada has several different programs for applying for PR. If you want someone to talk to and get step by step instructions, then you'll need to hire an immigration lawyer or consultant. This forum is paid for by a lawyer and you can find his contact information in the top left hand corner of each page.

If you want to do it yourself and save money, then I would recommend that you start by researching the Express Entry program which is a points based program. Those with the most points are selected out of the pool for permanent residency. You want to have 470+ points to be selected.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html