+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident card renewal ......URGENT MATTER PLEASE HELP

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Hi members,

I am applying for renewal of my permanent resident card with less the residency time required. My total days in Canada comes to 512 days however when i first landed to Canada my wife was residing in my home country with me. I stayed in Canada for 2 weeks and went back to reside with my wife back home who was a Canadian citizen. We lived together there for 2 years and them came back to Canada. After that i visited my home country 8 times without my wife for long periods and spent more than 1200 days there. I would like to know that the first time I went back and resided with my wife in my home country would that period be considered as days spent in Canada?

I know that if i accompany my wife to travel outside Canada that time is considered as time spent in Canada but my confusion is that I didn't accompany my wife she was actually residing there already. I would like to know is it the same thing? I would highly appreciate for a quick reply or plz share your thoughts from your previous experiences. I also request all the senior, hero and VIP members to reply to my query ASAP...THANKS

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you fill out the application and in the past 5 years come up with 1095 days or more outside Canada, they will ask you how much of that time was spent accompanying a Canadian spouse in another country. It does not matter if she was living there already. She is living there and you are living there with her.

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks Leon for your reply.

It means i am good to apply for renewal of my PR card with days spend with my wife. I am totally relying on you and hope that i don't get into trouble.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
ccolscorpion said:
Thanks Leon for your reply.

It means i am good to apply for renewal of my PR card with days spend with my wife. I am totally relying on you and hope that i don't get into trouble.
While Leon is totally reliable there is no need to pin your hopes on him. CIC outlines the rule here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EA.asp

"You may also count the days spent outside of Canada in the following circumstances as days for which you satisfy the residency obligation:

OPTION 1. Accompanying a Canadian citizen outside Canada

You may count each day that you accompanied a Canadian citizen outside Canada provided that the person you accompanied is your

spouse or common-law partner or
parent, if you are less than 22 years of age

Evidence that you are accompanying a Canadian citizen
You must provide supporting documents to prove that:

The person you are accompanying is a Canadian citizen; and
You are the spouse, common-law partner or child of that person.

Supporting documents may include:

marriage licence
child’s birth certificate, baptismal document, and/or adoption or guardianship document
school and/or employment records
association or club memberships
passports or other travel documents
documents indicating the status of the person you are accompanying"

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks everyone.....I have another concern. I worked for a mortgage broker in year 2010. I filed my tax return as self employed. I would like to know how would i mention that on the PR card application form since I wasn't working for him on a payroll. I was getting paid depending on the work I was doing for him. And I worked for him in two different periods of 2010 as i visited my home country twice during 2010. The application asks for Employer name and I am confused how to answer that question. A quick response WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

AND ONE MORE THING..... IF MY REGULAR PR CARD APPLICATION IS IN PROCESS WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO EXPEDITE IT IF I HAVE TO TRAVEL IN EMRGENCY ?

THANX