+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Application has been accepted and approved!!!

lightraven

Jun 6, 2022
Hey all. I got some really great news regarding my permanent resident application in that it was accepted and I have turned in my information confirming that I am currently living in Canada, turned in my photo that was accepted through the portal as per their criteria. And now I am just waiting for the eCoPR to file for my SIN and begin looking for work in this area. My point of making this post is just to seek out advice on what to do from here. What do you recommend I do to make this transition as easy as it can be. For example, I know that my credit from the States will in most cases not directly apply here. So, one of my first goals is to begin transferring some of the bills that my wife and I have into my name to start building credit here. Also, I will check with RBC and BOM in that they have some very reasonable and accommodating lending programs like loans and credit cards that I can try to get to also build some credit. My wife and I want to build a home here in hopefully five years or so, so building up my credit is one of my primary focuses. But, not my only. I also want to look at possible schooling options and the opportunities surrounding that. I know that Moncton has several universities in the area but I'm just looking for some feedback on ways to go from here. I have heard that it takes on average about a week to get the eCoPR back and then I still have some steps to go. But I also have heard that most employers will still be willing to start the process if I were to start applying and get interviews that if I can show them that I'm in this far of the process, it's safe to assume that I'll have the remaining documents in a timely manner. Would you say that that is a fair statement as well? Should I start applying and calling people or should I wait until I have the SIN first. Thank you so much for any guidance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey all. I got some really great news regarding my permanent resident application in that it was accepted and I have turned in my information confirming that I am currently living in Canada, turned in my photo that was accepted through the portal as per their criteria. And now I am just waiting for the eCoPR to file for my SIN and begin looking for work in this area. My point of making this post is just to seek out advice on what to do from here. What do you recommend I do to make this transition as easy as it can be. For example, I know that my credit from the States will in most cases not directly apply here. So, one of my first goals is to begin transferring some of the bills that my wife and I have into my name to start building credit here. Also, I will check with RBC and BOM in that they have some very reasonable and accommodating lending programs like loans and credit cards that I can try to get to also build some credit. My wife and I want to build a home here in hopefully five years or so, so building up my credit is one of my primary focuses. But, not my only. I also want to look at possible schooling options and the opportunities surrounding that. I know that Moncton has several universities in the area but I'm just looking for some feedback on ways to go from here. I have heard that it takes on average about a week to get the eCoPR back and then I still have some steps to go. But I also have heard that most employers will still be willing to start the process if I were to start applying and get interviews that if I can show them that I'm in this far of the process, it's safe to assume that I'll have the remaining documents in a timely manner. Would you say that that is a fair statement as well? Should I start applying and calling people or should I wait until I have the SIN first. Thank you so much for any guidance.
First of all congrats. Secondly I think you should start looking for things like lining up the interviews for job as SIN is asked once you start an employment which will take a while and also employees are kind of okay that you had just arrived and it will take a while to set up things.