+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Obligations

Sagar Parekh

Oct 24, 2017
I entered Canada with PR card expiring in 10 days and not meeting residency obligations. The CBSA officer reported me about my situation and started the process for revoking my Permanent Residency Status. He told me that the papers will be reviewed by the senior officer who may either allow to stay or issue a deportment order. After that I have to go for appeal in the court and wait for the final decision. What to do ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I entered Canada with PR card expiring in 10 days and not meeting residency obligations. The CBSA officer reported me about my situation and started the process for revoking my Permanent Residency Status. He told me that the papers will be reviewed by the senior officer who may either allow to stay or issue a deportment order. After that I have to go for appeal in the court and wait for the final decision. What to do ?
What were your reasons for failing to meet the residency requirement?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Because of some personal family problems, I couldn't come to Canada.
You should hire a lawyer and appeal. You will either keep your PR or lose your PR. The RO period is very lenient so you knew there were chances you good lose your PR if you didn’t follow the rules. Sounds like you were studying in your home country which old not be a good excuse.

Reactions: YVR123

farda

Sep 11, 2019
You should hire a lawyer and appeal. You will either keep your PR or lose your PR. The RO period is very lenient so you knew there were chances you good lose your PR if you didn’t follow the rules. Sounds like you were studying in your home country which old not be a good excuse.
I have some questions regarding your case:

How long are you out of country? When is your last entry to Canada before the latest one?Where is your port of entry?

eeltamo

Dec 8, 2012
few questions on top of the previous one, will you have work or not in canada ? do you have family returned with you or you are single ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
OP landed in July 2014. Regardless, once he's reported, his appeal will only be considered if he has legit H&C reasons.
If he was just staying back home to study, that's not a real good H&C ground.

If you guys want to find out "how can you avoid being caught", the best way to do is to meet your RO.

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
I left Canada at the age of 14, I want to go back to Canada, I am now 35. Obviously I’m too old to apply for a PRTD. I understand I have better chances in going through the US border. The question is how can my family come with me, my husband and 3 children. I want to live again in Canada and stay permanently. Help and guidance please

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I left Canada at the age of 14, I want to go back to Canada, I am now 35. Obviously I’m too old to apply for a PRTD. I understand I have better chances in going through the US border. The question is how can my family come with me, my husband and 3 children. I want to live again in Canada and stay permanently. Help and guidance please
This question is inconsistent with your previous posts. Please explain.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/8165964/

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well to your multiple duplicate posts in that even if you did manage to cross the border without being reported you would need to stay put for a minimum of 2 years before you could renew your PR card. In this time you would want to have little or no contact with immigration and you would not be able to sponsor your family for PR until your residency obligation reset.

Also you may well have issues in getting SIN during this time if you do not have one, so work may be an issue.

Add to all that no guarantee assuming your family need TRVs that they will either be allowed into Canada or only allowed for a short time . Same goes even if visa exempt given they would only be visitors.

Seems you best option maybe to start from scratch and apply for PR again along with your family.

Reactions: YVR123