+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Obligations

ericoztrese

Jul 3, 2012
Hi,

I just receive my Permanent resident visa and it will be valid until Feb 2013 only.
I am a Full Time employee at Manulife Financial in the Philippines and I am currently here in Canada attending a 2 month training until Aug 2012. I believe that Manulife Financial is a Canadian Company.

My question is if I am currently working at Manulife in the Philippines, is this enough to comply my Permanent Residency Obligation: " By employment on a full-time basis with a Canadian enterprise "

If not do I need to quit my job and apply again at Manulife here in Canada?

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to have been working for the Canadian employer in Canada and have been transferred to another county.

alexa2011

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20NOV2010
Nomination.....
22MAY2011
AOR Received.
24NOV2011
Hi Leon,

Need your urgent advice. We recently get our immigrant visas under MPNP.
We plan to land in September and after we receive our PR cards, we
will have to come back to Dubai to finish our work contract for another year.
Do we have same resident obligations with
those who applied under FSW? Someone told us that the rules have changed
and are not allowed except if we are under FSW.

Appreciate your comments regarding this.

Alexa

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexa2011 said:
Need your urgent advice. We recently get our immigrant visas under MPNP.
We plan to land in September and after we receive our PR cards, we
will have to come back to Dubai to finish our work contract for another year.
Do we have same resident obligations with
those who applied under FSW? Someone told us that the rules have changed
and are not allowed except if we are under FSW.
Same residency obligations for all PR's. You must stay in Canada 730 days in any 5 year period.

pb1

Jul 21, 2012
hi i need a quick advice please answer my question
i landed in canada on september 2006 and my pr card expired on september 2011 and i was stayed outside of canada since august 2011 and i was came to canada exactly 1 month before my pr card expired (19 AUG 2011) i didn't repot in airport and i gore my license before expiration
people and lowers told me i should stay full 2 years after that and do not leave country till renew your card after 2 years it means on september 2013
my question is: Am i doing right thing? and my pr card will be renew after 2 years?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pb1 said:
hi i need a quick advice please answer my question
i landed in canada on september 2006 and my pr card expired on september 2011 and i was stayed outside of canada since august 2011 and i was came to canada exactly 1 month before my pr card expired (19 AUG 2011) i didn't repot in airport and i gore my license before expiration
people and lowers told me i should stay full 2 years after that and do not leave country till renew your card after 2 years it means on september 2013
my question is: Am i doing right thing? and my pr card will be renew after 2 years?
Yes, you can apply to renew your PR card 2 years after you arrived back in Canada.