+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haggerkim

May 9, 2011
To everyone out there i need some help on this case.

My wife have applied for permanent residency As of April 19, 2012, the entire family is on that application. we went and did medical on from May 10, 2012. Now we are waiting on a email from CIC or where ever. I look on the status online and it shows that medicals have been receive and thats the last up date we got. It has been 6mths now and we havent gotten any respond

Can someone shed some light on what next to do

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

haggerkim said:
To everyone out there i need some help on this case.

My wife have applied for permanent residency As of April 19, 2012, the entire family is on that application. we went and did medical on from May 10, 2012. Now we are waiting on a email from CIC or where ever. I look on the status online and it shows that medicals have been receive and thats the last up date we got. It has been 6mths now and we havent gotten any respond

Can someone shed some light on what next to do
It depends on which office you applied to. check the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp If it is longer than the posted times, then your wife can submit a case specific email.

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
Dear Seniors,

I really need your help now. Please help, I got PR in April 2010. I was away about 3 years. I intend to come back in June 2013.
Will I have any problem? My second passport does not need to have visa to get in Canada so should I use my second passport or use my Indian passport with PR card.

Thank you,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you were away less than 3 years and you can prove it, then you are still not in breach of the residency obligations and will not have a problem although the immigration officer may tell you to watch out and stay in Canada for the next 2 years in order to meet the requirements. If you were away for 3 years or more, you might have a problem and you might not but if you do get in without being reported, you should stay for at least 2 years before you attempt to renew your PR card or have any other dealings with immigration such as trying to sponsor someone from your family.

SMANDY

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 September 2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
24 February 2012
AOR Received.
29 May 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12 April 2012
Med's Request
29 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2013
Hello,

We are in the same boat. I applied for PR visa in April, did medicals in June 2012, and up to date no news from visa office. My status on ECAS shows medical results recieved. Standard processing time for my case is 10 months. My application was sent to Novia Scotia. I guess i should keep hanging in there till Feb 2013. ??? ??? ??? ???

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
Leon said:
If you were away less than 3 years and you can prove it, then you are still not in breach of the residency obligations and will not have a problem although the immigration officer may tell you to watch out and stay in Canada for the next 2 years in order to meet the requirements. If you were away for 3 years or more, you might have a problem and you might not but if you do get in without being reported, you should stay for at least 2 years before you attempt to renew your PR card or have any other dealings with immigration such as trying to sponsor someone from your family.
Dear Lion, Steaky and other hero member,

Please advise me which passport I should use to enter Canada if I have been outside for over 3 years. Should I use the US passport that does not require me to have visa to enter Canada or I still use my Indian one with PR card.
Will they report me not meet 2 years requirement if I show them my PR card.
thank you,

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doesn't matter which passport you use CBSA will note you are a PR and ask of your last exit from Canada.

The use of multiple travel documents to enter/ exit Canada is one major reason for RQs and why these require more than CBSA entry records.