+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency - Days outside of Canada

flip123

May 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I landed as a PR on Oct 2017, and have stayed in Canada until March 2018.

I've been abroad on an exchange program since March 2018 and will be returning to Canada permanently on March 2019. Approx. 365 days outside of Canada in total.

From my understanding, I'm allowed to spend 1095 (3 years) out of 1825 days outside of Canada in the first 5 years as a PR. Based on this, I'd still have 730 days/2 years (1095-365) to be "abroad" if I wanted.

Is this correct? Will I have any troubles returning to Canada full time in March 2019? I got all required proof I was a full-time student while away and also full-time employment in Canada starting in March.

I also have a couple of layovers in Canada over the next month, so I just want to make sure I have all documentation in place just in case I need something.

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I landed as a PR on Oct 2017, and have stayed in Canada until March 2018.

I've been abroad on an exchange program since March 2018 and will be returning to Canada permanently on March 2019. Approx. 365 days outside of Canada in total.

From my understanding, I'm allowed to spend 1095 (3 years) out of 1825 days outside of Canada in the first 5 years as a PR. Based on this, I'd still have 730 days/2 years (1095-365) to be "abroad" if I wanted.

Is this correct? Will I have any troubles returning to Canada full time in March 2019? I got all required proof I was a full-time student while away and also full-time employment in Canada starting in March.

I also have a couple of layovers in Canada over the next month, so I just want to make sure I have all documentation in place just in case I need something.

Thanks in advance!
Hi

You'll have no issues coming back in 2019.

Bhawna sharma

Dec 10, 2018
Hi,, I want to immigrate Canada as PR. I have done master's in English and two years diploma in Elementary teacher education and have 3+ years experience in same teaching field but to class 1-5.
Am I eligible to get PR with these documents or do I need to have B.ed??
Pls reply

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,, I want to immigrate Canada as PR. I have done master's in English and two years diploma in Elementary teacher education and have 3+ years experience in same teaching field but to class 1-5.
Am I eligible to get PR with these documents or do I need to have B.ed??
Pls reply
Be aware that for a start in most of Canada there are more qualified teachers than jobs. Every case for immigration is different so you will need to do some research of the various programs available to see if you qualify.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp