+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Application Timeline - Germany

slingshot_fuel

Jun 20, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to this website and would like to apologize ahead of time if I am making any rookie mistakes. Firstly, I would greatly appreciate any input from any fellow members regarding my below questions.

The status of my application said that it was “received” on February 12, 2012. The status changed to “In Process” on April 18, 2013. I received a request for additional documentation (including request for payment of the ‘Permanent Residence Fee’) on April 20, 2013 – I submitted all documents and paid the fee as fast as possible (2 weeks). I received acknowledgment from the Ottawa CIC office on June 11, 2013 that stated that all documents were received and that my application is complete. On the same message (dated June 11, 2013), a medical examination was also requested. I completed my medical examination on June 18, 2013 and the doctor told me that it usually takes 7 days to submit the results to immigration.

My question is this: How much longer can I expect this process to take? I only ask since my application seems to be extremely old at this point (Since February 2012 to present is roughly 16 months). Also, it seemed very odd that it took over 15 months to change from the ‘application received’ status to the ‘in process’ status – and, all of a sudden my application seems to be moving rather swiftly. I have read blogs extensively about this subject matter but am unable to find any concrete answers – most applicants posting on blog websites seemed to have their entire PR approved in an average of 18 months or less. Do you believe that my application has now been pushed forward in the backlog due to the already accrued age of the same? I am simply worried that this process may take another year or so… I am really looking for timeline data between the medical examination submittal and final PR approval. However, these timelines have substantial ranges; some are 2 months – some are 13 months. However, when looking at the applicants that have the substantially longer wait periods (8 to 13 months) between medical exam submittals and final PR approvals, it is obvious that their initial steps were MUCH faster than mine (most of these particular applicants had their status change from ‘application received’ to ‘in process’ within 2 to 4 months).

I apologize for the lengthy message! I am writing out of sheer desperation since waiting is simply getting overwhelming at this point (I am sure you know how difficult this process can be… especially due to the requirement of not changing employers). I would greatly appreciate any advice/input you may have, and/or any person I could contact that seems to be well-versed in this field of immigration.

Thank you all ahead of time!

slingshot_fuel

Jun 20, 2013
OH... ALSO... HOW IN THE WORLD DO I ADD MY TIMELINE DATA ON MY PROFILE???!?!? I AM GETTING SO FRUSTRATED SINCE I CANNOT SEEM TO FIND THE CORRECT AREA OF WHERE TO POST MY INFORMATION!?

THANKS!

steffi80

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Nomination.....
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
21/01/2013
File Transfer...
22/03/2013
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
22/05/2013
LANDED..........
01/07/2013
slingshot_fuel said:
OH... ALSO... HOW IN THE WORLD DO I ADD MY TIMELINE DATA ON MY PROFILE???!?!? I AM GETTING SO FRUSTRATED SINCE I CANNOT SEEM TO FIND THE CORRECT AREA OF WHERE TO POST MY INFORMATION!?

THANKS!
you can add your info after 10 posts..

in the menue: Profile > Forum Profile Information

steffi80

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Nomination.....
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
21/01/2013
File Transfer...
22/03/2013
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
22/05/2013
LANDED..........
01/07/2013
slingshot_fuel said:
Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to this website and would like to apologize ahead of time if I am making any rookie mistakes. Firstly, I would greatly appreciate any input from any fellow members regarding my below questions.

The status of my application said that it was “received” on February 12, 2012. The status changed to “In Process” on April 18, 2013. I received a request for additional documentation (including request for payment of the ‘Permanent Residence Fee') on April 20, 2013 – I submitted all documents and paid the fee as fast as possible (2 weeks). I received acknowledgment from the Ottawa CIC office on June 11, 2013 that stated that all documents were received and that my application is complete. On the same message (dated June 11, 2013), a medical examination was also requested. I completed my medical examination on June 18, 2013 and the doctor told me that it usually takes 7 days to submit the results to immigration.

My question is this: How much longer can I expect this process to take? I only ask since my application seems to be extremely old at this point (Since February 2012 to present is roughly 16 months). Also, it seemed very odd that it took over 15 months to change from the ‘application received' status to the ‘in process' status – and, all of a sudden my application seems to be moving rather swiftly. I have read blogs extensively about this subject matter but am unable to find any concrete answers – most applicants posting on blog websites seemed to have their entire PR approved in an average of 18 months or less. Do you believe that my application has now been pushed forward in the backlog due to the already accrued age of the same? I am simply worried that this process may take another year or so... I am really looking for timeline data between the medical examination submittal and final PR approval. However, these timelines have substantial ranges; some are 2 months – some are 13 months. However, when looking at the applicants that have the substantially longer wait periods (8 to 13 months) between medical exam submittals and final PR approvals, it is obvious that their initial steps were MUCH faster than mine (most of these particular applicants had their status change from ‘application received' to ‘in process' within 2 to 4 months).

I apologize for the lengthy message! I am writing out of sheer desperation since waiting is simply getting overwhelming at this point (I am sure you know how difficult this process can be... especially due to the requirement of not changing employers). I would greatly appreciate any advice/input you may have, and/or any person I could contact that seems to be well-versed in this field of immigration.

Thank you all ahead of time!
they work on the old cases now and you should get your copr soon!

all applicants after june 2012 are processed quicker, because they made so much changes with the visa offices before and now everything settles down.

and I think mine was pretty quick because I took a visa office outside canada.