+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency Application returned while on Implied Status

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi. Please know that I took a great gamble and i wouldn’t advise taking risks based on my outcome, if you still can; explore other options.

I submitted a BOWP application with my ITA a day before my PGWP expired. I did so because all my documents were ready but my (non accompanying) spouse’s weren’t - police certificates. I included a LOE explaining that I didn’t want to submit an incomplete and rushed application but showed proof that I’d paid for the missing documents. I clearly stated that once everything was ready I’d submit; which I did after 3 weeks.
I believe getting the BOWP hinges strongly on having submitted a complete application (from what I’ve been made to understand even if you submit BOWP application with your AOR and an incomplete application, you can be declined). Once I had my AOR I submitted it with another LOE via web form. If you inevitably find yourself in the same situation submit LOEs to make a clear case, submit a COMPLETE PR application and also be prepared for all possible outcomes.

That being said it was a very stressful time for me (longest 117 days of my life) my faith was tested and I thank God it worked out. Best wishes to you!
Hi Dear ,
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. Thank you so much for your kindness! And may your PR be approved soon. I know another person who got their BOWP this way. But I know this is a gamble and depend on your luck ! Did you apply for BOWP on paper. ? Or did you apply online ? Thank you so much

EconomicRefugee

Oct 8, 2018
Hi Dear ,
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. Thank you so much for your kindness! And may your PR be approved soon. I know another person who got their BOWP this way. But I know this is a gamble and depend on your luck ! Did you apply for BOWP on paper. ? Or did you apply online ? Thank you so much
Hey. You’re welcome and thank you. I applied for my BOWP online.

Reactions: Island_vibes