+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residency and criminal rehabilitation issue

tseised

Mar 17, 2024
Hi,
my wife and I applied for PR through pilot program in Jan 2023. now we are closer to get decision on it. i got the mail from the case officer that i must give additional information of my driving convictions which were in Australia when I was there on my study visa in 2014 and 2016. my convictions have been summarised in 2017 after my parole ends in April. I have given my Australian PCC and Court report and Police reports. i couldn't get any more information from there. and my case officer gave me an another chance to provide more information in 30 days which I might not can get it. if I applied for rehabilitation now. will he consider that as I am eligible for that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
my wife and I applied for PR through pilot program in Jan 2023. now we are closer to get decision on it. i got the mail from the case officer that i must give additional information of my driving convictions which were in Australia when I was there on my study visa in 2014 and 2016. my convictions have been summarised in 2017 after my parole ends in April. I have given my Australian PCC and Court report and Police reports. i couldn't get any more information from there. and my case officer gave me an another chance to provide more information in 30 days which I might not can get it. if I applied for rehabilitation now. will he consider that as I am eligible for that.
Best to get a consult with a good Canadian immigration lawyer at this point. I don't think anyone here will be able to answer your question, especially without knowing the details of your conviction, without knowing exactly what IRCC has requested in the letter, and without knowing if you are currently inadmissible to Canada. If you are inadmissible to Canada, then you should have submitted the rehab application earlier / at the same time as the PR application.