+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency - 6 month pregnant got PPR today

sripad123

Mar 21, 2013
Good Evening!

We are in Canada and my husband is the principal applicant for PR.

I am 6 months pregnant , received passport request , which has a generic set of instructions out of which
there is following point mentioned...

"Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?"

could anyone please let me know if I should inform the cic / immigration agency about the expected baby? Or is it not required to inform as the new born will be a Canadian citizen by default?

Thanks in advance!

sripad123

Mar 21, 2013
sripad123 said:
Good Evening!

I am 6 months pregnant , received passport request , which has a generic set of instructions out of which

"Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?"

could anyone please let me know if I should inform the cic / immigration agency about the expected baby? Or is it not required to inform as the new born will be a Canadian citizen by default?

Thanks in advance!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the baby will be a citizen, it's not a big deal. However, as a courtesy, write a note when you send in your passport stating that you are 6 months pregnant but you are in Canada so the baby will be a Canadian citizen and will not have to be added to your application.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sripad123 said:
Good Evening!

Thanks in advance!

Stamping and landing could occur prior to the birth so I'd send the pp and leave it at that.