+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residence rules & requiements when landing in Canada (Express entry/SWP)

Nickstar90

Oct 13, 2020
Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding the obligations/possibilities after arriving in Canada with the Express Entry Programm/Skilled Worker Program
(without provincial nomination & without a job offer; I currently would have sufficient points in the ranking system)

Do I have to find a job within a certain period of time? Does it have to be a job in the same field as my previous experience/diploma?
Can I start my own business?
Am I obliged to work in general? (Obviously I want to but interesting to know anyway)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

Nick

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding the obligations/possibilities after arriving in Canada with the Express Entry Programm/Skilled Worker Program
(without provincial nomination & without a job offer; I currently would have sufficient points in the ranking system)

Do I have to find a job within a certain period of time? Does it have to be a job in the same field as my previous experience/diploma?
Can I start my own business?
Am I obliged to work in general? (Obviously I want to but interesting to know anyway)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

Nick
No - you don't have to find a job within a specific period.
Yes - you can start your own business.
No - you don't have to work.