+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan nationals

Anyvic

May 17, 2023
Hi everybody, I have some good news and hope for everybody, they are already responding with approvals, this is the timeline for my wife's sister, she is from Venezuela.

Application (submission) date: 2023-11-18
Date AOR received: 2023-11-24
Date of biometrics: 2023-11-27
Date of requested medical exam: 2023-11-24
Date of Pre-arrival services: 2023-11-28
Date of INTERIM FEDERAL HEALTH CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY: 2023-12-04
Date of Service Available and Applicant/Anchor responsibilities: 2023-12-11
Application response: Approved: 2023-12-21
Passport(s) request date (RFV): 2023-12-21
Passport(s) received date:

God bless everybody and Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Jay13M

mwulong00

Dec 22, 2023
Seems like applications can be revoked, or terminated anytime if they aren't aligned with requirements or eligibility.

Many people got AORS without a police certificate: just explanatory letters regarding they are in the process to get them. Some Colombians have received an AOR uploading web-obtained police records or confirmation e-mails from the service providers of background certificates (non the actual oficial document requested).

AOR is just a first stage, if you receive one, ahead in the process you'll be asked to provide and pass criminal background checks.

Even someone published at a Facebook group how her daughter got an AOR but was in the USA by the time she applied, her application got cancelled after being granted an AOR.
Could they re-apply once again if they resided the location required???

Jimmyala81

Apr 16, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi everybody, I have some good news and hope for everybody, they are already responding with approvals, this is the timeline for my wife's sister, she is from Venezuela.

Application (submission) date: 2023-11-18
Date AOR received: 2023-11-24
Date of biometrics: 2023-11-27
Date of requested medical exam: 2023-11-24
Date of Pre-arrival services: 2023-11-28
Date of INTERIM FEDERAL HEALTH CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY: 2023-12-04
Date of Service Available and Applicant/Anchor responsibilities: 2023-12-11

is
Application response: Approved: 2023-12-21
Passport(s) request date (RFV): 2023-12-21
Passport(s) received date:

God bless everybody and Merry Christmas!
Did you apply for the Colombian, Venezuela and Haitían humatarin program?

dmcastro26

Dec 27, 2023
My application was returned and said Birth certificate is incomplete. Im not sure what it means? I have not received additional information.

Dec 28, 2023
I only has a driver licence certification because I just moved to Ontario weeks ago and still waiting for my card. That's the only document I have to proof provincial ID in Ontario. Does anyone else applied with similar document and got AOR?

Dec 28, 2023
For those who were out of the program because the province of Quebec decided to not participate in the humanitarian program, we're gathering firms to claim consideration at both provincial and federal levels. ONLY permanent residents and Canadian Citizens can sign:

Provincial: https://www.assnat.qc.ca/fr/exprimez-votre-opinion/petition/Petition-10581/index.html

Federal: https://www.ourcommons.ca/petitions/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4704

Please spread the word so we get as many signatures as possible. Again, ONLY permanent residents and Canadian Citizens can sign.

frange

May 25, 2018
I only has a driver licence certification because I just moved to Ontario weeks ago and still waiting for my card. That's the only document I have to proof provincial ID in Ontario. Does anyone else applied with similar document and got AOR?
Hello;

You have to send an explanation letter which states that you are a new Ontario Resident.
As such, you provide the letter of registration for driver license and Ontario health card as well as rent lease...etc.
Let them know that hard copies (driver licence+ Health card) aren't available yet and suggest them to use registration letters for now. Once you receive hard copies of these documents, you send them.

NB: Provide everything you have as a new resident of Ontario: Rent lease, license and health care application. Put evidences under Provincial ID since, besides documents that show your status in Canada, they want to make sure you are a true out of Quebec Resident.

Last edited:

genie27

Nov 29, 2023
Anyone with AOR Dec 15th with no biometrics / medical exam request? Applied on Nov 24th and got our AOR already but no further updates since

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Not sure if everyone here is aware but the submissions for the program have closed. According to their policy they were going to close when 6600 AOR are given out. The portal closed a short while ago so we can assume they reached that mark. They are also going to process all complete applications received before the submissions closed, that is what the policy says. They had only given out AOR until the 3rd of December by the time they closed, with returned applications all the way up to the 5th or 6th of December. With a lot from 28, 29 and 30 still in limbo with no AOR or return. So a lot more AORs still to be given out.

With 6600 AORs in their system and almost a month’s worth of applications untouched, I assume they will easily hit the 11000 people or 3500 approved application mark.

I hope we all have complete applications! I think all of our applications will be processed. I am surprised it took them this long to get 6600 AORs.

Any insight @canuck78 and @scylla? Do you think I interpreted the public policy correctly? 6600 AORs = end of submission? The concerned section is start and end date.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/pr-visas-colombian-haitian-venezuelan-family.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not sure if everyone here is aware but the submissions for the program have closed. According to their policy they were going to close when 6600 AOR are given out. The portal closed a short while ago so we can assume they reached that mark. They are also going to process all complete applications received before the submissions closed, that is what the policy says. They had only given out AOR until the 3rd of December by the time they closed, with returned applications all the way up to the 5th or 6th of December. With a lot from 28, 29 and 30 still in limbo with no AOR or return. So a lot more AORs still to be given out.

With 6600 AORs in their system and almost a month’s worth of applications untouched, I assume they will easily hit the 11000 people or 3500 approved application mark.

I hope we all have complete applications! I think all of our applications will be processed. I am surprised it took them this long to get 6600 AORs.

Any insight @canuck78 and @scylla? Do you think I interpreted the public policy correctly? 6600 AORs = end of submission? The concerned section is start and end date.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/pr-visas-colombian-haitian-venezuelan-family.html
I agree. 6,600 AORs will mean that no further applications will be accepted and any applications without AOR will be returned. My thinking is that IRCC has probably received significantly more applications than the cut off on purpose and are expecting a decent percentage of those to be incomplete. I also think that there are compete applications that will get returned since the AOR cap will have been reached.