+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan nationals

August2005

Dec 4, 2023
Hi! I applied for my brother and he is in Canada with a visitor visa, he received biometrics, medical order and pre arrival services letter. Can he finish the application while in Canada or does he have to return to his country to do the biometrics and medical tests there?

wjcv

May 28, 2015
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
20-11-2023
AOR Received.
29-11-2023
Hi! I applied for my brother and he is in Canada with a visitor visa, he received biometrics, medical order and pre arrival services letter. Can he finish the application while in Canada or does he have to return to his country to do the biometrics and medical tests there?
I would ask that question to a lawyer. I believe it could be risky if he does it inside Canada, but I am not a lawyer.

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
I would ask that question to a lawyer. I believe it could be risky if he does it inside Canada, but I am not a lawyer.

I wouldn't continue the process here. I'd go back home. Program specifically says applicants need to be mexico or down or Caribbean Islands.

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
I did not chose the best wording for my question, let me repeat that. I meant to ask, will they process only the first 11K complete applications or process all the complete applications they have received as the way they are doing it, it seems they might have alot more than 11k complete applications obviously mixed in with the incomplete ones.
They will provide 11.000 Permanent Residencies under this program, not to 11.000 applicants or to the first ones applying: some applications are unipersonal, some are couples , some are of groups of 3,4 or more people: Statistically they might only need some 3.500-4.000 (correct/eligible) applications. A third of the total of spots, to fulfill this program.

Reactions: yayita

Jean900

May 2, 2023
I know I wonder where they got the translations. I sent LOA instead of Police Certificate and applied on Tuesday Nov 21st. Haven't heard back yet.
Hello !
Did you get your AOR already ?
Thank u

We applied on Tuesday 21st as well

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
Hi!

I applied, and did it by myself, so I was unaware of some details as I was very rushed to be able to apply ASAP.
Please take your time and try to double check everything to do it as correct as possible.

Hope info about my experience can help others in their process...

Applied: Wednesday Nov 22/2023
Got the Permanent Residence confirmation e mail.

Covered all requirements. All forms filled and signed, I also sent "all" documents required (I included my CV, University Diplomas, Educational Credential Assessments by a Canadian University, and my IELTS report as extra documents)

Didn't include:

1. Anchor's 'provincial card': Honest mistake! I thought they asked for my National Identity Card (which I uploaded), and not the Anchor's :S.
Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else!
But Anchor's (Provincial Card) information had to be crossed and revised by notary upon signing the form filled with such information (Statutory Declaration). So it was confirmed then. - Hopefully if needed, fingers crossed, they can request it later on!

2. Applied on No 22/2023 with the Colombian "Police Certificate" that you can access online; officially translated and notary authenticated.
Processed the Colombian '4GS' Background Verification Certificate on Saturday Nov 25/2023 (When I realized you had to ask private companies for it)
I got a '4GS' confirmation e-mail: Nov 27/2023 stating they would sent the report to the Embassy directly by Friday Dic 1/2023. (The IRCC will translate this document for you), I can't upload the confirmation e-mail I got for this certificate at this point (Also, there is no code or distinctive identification number for this 'background certificate' beyond your full name)

Tuesday Dic 5/2023 8:00 AM ET

No AOR, yet... But I'm certain that I will get it anytime soon!
Application Status: Submitted.

Best of lucks to all applicants!!!
I know how stressing processing correctly or, waiting for responses can be, but lets just keep our hopes high!

Reactions: Ana47

Sador90

Oct 13, 2023
Was anyone able to get a police certificate from DCPJ in Haiti? I know that normally ircc would have to send a letter requesting one, but for this new program, was anyone able to obtain a police certificate?

Sador90

Oct 13, 2023
Yeah in my case we need one from Haiti and Dominican Republic and they both take time, I just sent an explanation letter. I hope they understand I haven’t received an AOR Yet, I applied the 24th application is for Newfoundland
Any updates?

frange

May 25, 2018
Was anyone able to get a police certificate from DCPJ in Haiti? I know that normally ircc would have to send a letter requesting one, but for this new program, was anyone able to obtain a police certificate?
I have a friend who applied without it; but with an explanation letter.
He received the AOR with no issue.

For the police certificate actually, No one is able to get it as I know.

Did you apply for the program? If so, how things are going?

Good luck.

Sador90

Oct 13, 2023
I have a friend who applied without it; but with an explanation letter.
He received the AOR with no issue.

For the police certificate actually, No one is able to get it as I know.

Did you apply for the program? If so, how things are going?

Good luck.
I applied for my parents