+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Permanent Residence Authorized" (OHIP eligibility + "landing")

CanadianInKorea

Apr 11, 2019
Hello,

After a long and stressful period of seven months, my wife and I received an update on her application that reads, "Permanent Residence Authorized".

The attached letter reads as follows,

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in (OUR CITY) will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."
Does this mean we're finished? We haven't been contacted by our local Immigration office yet, but I assume they will contact us within the next couple weeks.

Is this letter what's known as the "Approval in Principal" letter? Essentially we want to know if my wife can apply for OHIP since as we understand, once you receive the AIP letter you are able to start the application process for OHIP.

Also, since my wife is already living in Canada, when it comes time for "landing" the CIC website says we can schedule an appointment to validate her permanent residence. Is this appointment separate from the one mentioned in the quoted text above?

Thanks everyone.