+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residence application

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hi,

I submitted my permanent residence application and have received my permanent residence .

I am currently applying to my citizenship, is it possible to review my past permanent residence application? I need to look at some information i put there as I don't remember it.

Thank you

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You could make a Privacy request for your entire file, including the forms you submitted, not just the GCMS notes. In future, you might want to keep a copy of everything you submit to IRCC.

Elefasi

Jul 14, 2020
I am a US Citizen with my family, authorized to perform Religious duties as per R186 (L) and Temporary Residence Status as per R183(6). We have been living here for more than 3 years (4 in September). How do I apply for Permanent Resident ( I have been looking at the Immigration Guide 5527 - Application for Permanent Residence, Temporary Resident Permit Holder. Question is "Am I on the right track or doing the right thing"

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
The temporary resident permit holder provisions are not for you. They are for people otherwise inadmissible to Canada who have been permitted to enter and/or stay.
You should apply for a work permit, even though you are exempt, so that in a year after being named on an LMIA-exempt work permit, you can apply for Canadian Experience Class and get a 50-point bonus for an authorised job offer. Someone should have told you this at the start. Work done (even legally) without a work permit, does not count as Canadian work experience.
Alternatively, you might have a high enough CRS total to apply right now, without needing Canadian work experience or a job offer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a US Citizen with my family, authorized to perform Religious duties as per R186 (L) and Temporary Residence Status as per R183(6). We have been living here for more than 3 years (4 in September). How do I apply for Permanent Resident ( I have been looking at the Immigration Guide 5527 - Application for Permanent Residence, Temporary Resident Permit Holder. Question is "Am I on the right track or doing the right thing"
A TRP does not get you permanent residency status. It's a temporary visa that has low approval rates and which is typically reserved for individuals who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada, often due to a crime. So no, you are most definitely not on the right track.

If you want to become a permanent resident, then you will need to apply for PR through one of Canada's economic immigration streams. I would recommend that you start by researching the Express Entry program. This is a points based program where those with the most points are selected. Right now you need to have 470+ points to be selected. Calculate how many points you have to see how realistic an option this may be. Details below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Aman lail

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi ..I have 2 years full time care giver experience in Canada to apply for permanent residence when to submit police clearance certificate

Angela2023

Star Member
Jun 3, 2023
I applied for pr - aip on january, received passport request sep 06, I am inland. The job that sponsored me is terrible, when is safe to quit and not affect my pr? I aplied in PrinceEdward Island, when is safe to move to other province?