+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence application rejection

at1914

Oct 7, 2020
My PR application was recently cancelled by IRCC because my IELTS score was no longer valid. I took the IELTS exam in August 2018, so it was valid till August 2020. I was under the impression that the IELTS score is only needed for the Express Entry stage and not for the application post-ITA. So when I submitted my EE profile in April 2020, the IELTS results were still valid. Received my ITA in July 2020 and would have submitted my application before my IELTS results expired in August, but there were delays because of the pandemic. I could finally submit my application only in October 2020.
I'm retaking the IELTS soon but since my application has been cancelled, I will have to start from scratch and submit a new EE profile. I have raised a web form asking if IRCC can reopen my application and allow me to submit my new test scores...but I'm not hopeful that it will work.
Anyone with a similar experience? Just looking for some positive stories where the IRCC actually allowed someone to submit fresh test results instead of going through the whole EE process again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My PR application was recently cancelled by IRCC because my IELTS score was no longer valid. I took the IELTS exam in August 2018, so it was valid till August 2020. I was under the impression that the IELTS score is only needed for the Express Entry stage and not for the application post-ITA. So when I submitted my EE profile in April 2020, the IELTS results were still valid. Received my ITA in July 2020 and would have submitted my application before my IELTS results expired in August, but there were delays because of the pandemic. I could finally submit my application only in October 2020.
I'm retaking the IELTS soon but since my application has been cancelled, I will have to start from scratch and submit a new EE profile. I have raised a web form asking if IRCC can reopen my application and allow me to submit my new test scores...but I'm not hopeful that it will work.
Anyone with a similar experience? Just looking for some positive stories where the IRCC actually allowed someone to submit fresh test results instead of going through the whole EE process again.
IELTS needs to be valid at the time you submit your complete application post ITA. So you were correctly refused and it's probably unlikely IRCC will reconsider. However you can certainly try.

Reactions: at1914

at1914

Oct 7, 2020
I agree that they were right to raise a concern over it, but I wish they would not refuse the application outright. Instead, they should have given me a deadline within which to submit fresh results. Anyway, taking the test again and hoping for the best.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree that they were right to raise a concern over it, but I wish they would not refuse the application outright. Instead, they should have given me a deadline within which to submit fresh results. Anyway, taking the test again and hoping for the best.
There are certainly documents that are mandatory at the time the application is submitted in order for the application to be accepted as complete. Having valid IELTS results is one of those mandatory requirements. IRCC will not follow up on mandatory requirements. They will simply reject the application as incomplete per their processes.

Again, you can certainly ask if your application can be reopened. However the chances of that are really very low since there was no error made on the part of IRCC in refusing your application. Unfortunately your application was incomplete at the time of submission.

I would personally set up a new Express Entry profile asap and wait for ITA again. Hopefully your score is at least 470.

at1914

Oct 7, 2020
There are certainly documents that are mandatory at the time the application is submitted in order for the application to be accepted as complete. Having valid IELTS results is one of those mandatory requirements. IRCC will not follow up on mandatory requirements. They will simply reject the application as incomplete per their processes.

Again, you can certainly ask if your application can be reopened. However the chances of that are really very low since there was no error made on the part of IRCC in refusing your application. Unfortunately your application was incomplete at the time of submission.

I would personally set up a new Express Entry profile asap and wait for ITA again. Hopefully your score is at least 470.
You're right. I wrote to them just so I won't wonder "what if" later. But I'll be creating a new EE profile as soon as I have my IELTS score.

Reactions: scylla