+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence Application No Update

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hello. Does anyone in here can give a suggestion what to do? My partner and I applied for permanent residence last 2019 and until now we did not have an update yet. It’s been 38 months already and our work permits will expire in 5 months. We are very anxious already on what to do. We did everything that we could, we sent follow ups through web form, asked for GCMS notes but to no avail. We even went to our local MPs office to ask for help but still nothing. Please help us on what to do to get an update from the immigration. This is already affecting our mental health. Thank you in advance to those who will reply.

• Sad
Reactions: EmanSkyeSeth

EmanSkyeSeth

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello. Does anyone in here can give a suggestion what to do? My partner and I applied for permanent residence last 2019 and until now we did not have an update yet. It’s been 38 months already and our work permits will expire in 5 months. We are very anxious already on what to do. We did everything that we could, we sent follow ups through web form, asked for GCMS notes but to no avail. We even went to our local MPs office to ask for help but still nothing. Please help us on what to do to get an update from the immigration. This is already affecting our mental health. Thank you in advance to those who will reply.
So you never received any answers from webform and GCSM notes? 38 months is long past due..

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Last update we had was June 1. I don’t even know if that was an update because they only asked for an updated form. After that, none. We requested several GCMS notes but to no avail. Whenever we call, the agents can’t give us a direct update either. What are we going to do? Help please. We only have 5 months left till our work permits expire.

EmanSkyeSeth

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Last update we had was June 1. I don’t even know if that was an update because they only asked for an updated form. After that, none. We requested several GCMS notes but to no avail. Whenever we call, the agents can’t give us a direct update either. What are we going to do? Help please. We only have 5 months left till our work permits expire.
Even our application has no update since Oct 2021, our AR is Sept 2020.. the most important thing to do is keeping your status legal. You need to extend your work permit before it expires..the only thing we can do right now is wait. Anyway, have you read something about the Writ of Mandamus?

Blancherafal

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
The employer no longer wants to renew our work permits that’s why my partner and I are very anxious regarding this matter. We don’t know what to do anymore. We have filed a Writ of Mandamus already and it got dismissed last June. However, still no update after that. We don’t know what to do anymore. This greatly affected our mental health already. We are very depressed already. We’re only asking for an update so we would know where we are already. We’ve finished our medical exams and passed last December 2020. From then, since we did not receive an update we filed a Mandamus. Even if we filed, still no update.