+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Recidency Renewal

Sagar Parekh

Oct 24, 2017
I got my PR in 2014, got stampings on 1st July 2014 and returned back to India. As I am a student and again planning to travel to Canada in july 2018 (As a student of Canadian University), I have few questions regarding my PR.
1) Can I apply for the renewal of my PR, which expires in July 2019. (My total stay will be of 1 year in July 2019) If not, then what can be done i.e do I need to convert to the International student's quota?
2) Do Permanent Residents require Medical checkups while arriving to canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are able to enter Canada without CBSA reporting you for not meeting your RO you have to stay in Canada without leaving until you have met the 730 days. You must only renew your PR card after you have been in Canada for over 730 days. You need to avoid any contact with IRCC. No travel, no sponsoring a spouse, etc . You don't need a valid PR card to stay in Canada. A PR card is a travel document. You remain PR unless your status is revoked. You remain domestic student because you are still a PR.
2. Unless you have been told that you need medical surveillance once you enter Canada no you don't need another medical.