+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permananent Residency Vs Canadaian Bad credit score

Jul 3, 2018
Dear All, Hope you are doing fine.

I wish to put up my story and request you to guide and advice me for the same.

I was on a student visa in Toronto in the year 2012 for a 2 year course. As my familymember was not well back home,I left the course halfway (completed 2 out of 4 semesters) and returned back to my home country with completing all the exit formalities from the college in the Year 2013.

As this was a an emergency situation, I did not close my Bank accounts. Also I had used my 1000$ students credit card to the fullest along with having 4 contract smart phones in my name. This happened in the year 2013.

With all due respect and my love for Canada, I wish to apply for Permanent Residency and willing to payback to the smart phone company and to the bank their money which i owe. However this is possible only when they allow me to enter on PR and pay them through my salary.

Please advice based on my above facts

1. Does border security Canada checks with the debts ?

2. Is my name already put in the criminal records (due to taking away smart phones)

2. Has Canada government blacklisted me for the above facts ?

2. Will I be eligible for the Permanent Residency in Canada ?

2. Will the Border security Officer deport me back to my country / arrest me / take on the spot penalty from me.

3. If granted or allowed entering into canada, will I have problems or face challenges clearing my debts.

Any other person would have avoided going back, but I love that country and wish to settle with the cleanest record. Requesting you all to reply with your valuable advice. Many thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
  1. No. It’s a civil matter.
  2. Unlikely. Again, a civil matter
  3. No
  4. Yes you can apply for permenent residency
  5. No
  6. Your debts have probably been passed on to debt collectors by the original contract holders. Your credit rating will probably take a while to build back up, but there are statutory limitation on unsecured debt in Canada (between 2-6 years depending on the province it was incurred in), for how long they can attempt to recover. Don’t automatically start paying them without contacting a credit councilling service first. If you start repayment, the clock on the statutory limitation could start over.

Jul 3, 2018
  1. No. It’s a civil matter.
  2. Unlikely. Again, a civil matter
  3. No
  4. Yes you can apply for permenent residency
  5. No
  6. Your debts have probably been passed on to debt collectors by the original contract holders. Your credit rating will probably take a while to build back up, but there are statutory limitation on unsecured debt in Canada (between 2-6 years depending on the province it was incurred in), for how long they can attempt to recover. Don’t automatically start paying them without contacting a credit councilling service first. If you start repayment, the clock on the statutory limitation could start over.
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your precise reply and advice. Your valuable advice has certainly motivated me to go ahead and apply for PR Canada.