File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's zero chance you're going to be selected under EE with 182 points. Even those in the low 300's aren't going to be selected.

How close is your wife to qualifying for disability payments and getting off regular social assistance?

benji

Apr 18, 2007
There's zero chance you're going to be selected under EE with 182 points. Even those in the low 300's aren't going to be selected.

How close is your wife to qualifying for disability payments and getting off regular social assistance?
hi thanks for the info, she doesnt know anything from disability at the moment, they told her before that she wouldn't qualify because the case and dr stuff isnt enough, so i dont know, all I know is im trying to find a employer that can sponsor me so i can work and financially support my family,I could quite easily go back to the UK to work and send money that way, but will I be happier? My family is here , day by day I get kicked back with the same thing, we dont supply LMIAs, you need a work permit, stress kicks in stress on the family, I spoke to the local mayor of the town, he has no clue, wrote to Justin and i got this back from
M. Bredeson
Executive Correspondence Officer
for the Prime Minister's Office

On behalf of the Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, I would like to
acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

I understand why you have written to the Prime Minister and asked for
assistance. However, there are certain restrictions on the involvement
of Cabinet members - including the Prime Minister - in cases like the
one you describe. These limitations exist to assure all applicants that
the immigration and refugee determination process is independent and
free of political interference. It is for this reason that the Prime
Minister will not be able to intervene personally with Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

That being said, I have taken the liberty of forwarding a copy of our
exchange of correspondence to the Honourable Ahmed D. Hussen, Minister
of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, for his information and
consideration.

While I know you may be disappointed by this response, I hope that you
can understand the reasons for this policy.

Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your local mayor cannot help you and is unlikely to be familiar with immigration rules. The response from J.T.'s office is a form letter. The response you received effectively says there's nothing they can do for you and you'll have to apply like any other applicant.

If you wife cannot work and cannot convert her social assistance payments to disability, then your options are:

1) Apply under H&C - very low chance there will be a positive outcome
2) Secure an job offer and approved LMIA so that you can qualify to immigrate independently - extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process
3) Return to the UK to work and support your family so that your wife can stop taking welfare payments and qualify to sponsor you - means you have to be separated from your family

Good luck - hope something works out.

benji

Apr 18, 2007
Your local mayor cannot help you and is unlikely to be familiar with immigration rules. The response from J.T.'s office is a form letter. The response you received effectively says there's nothing they can do for you and you'll have to apply like any other applicant.

If you wife cannot work and cannot convert her social assistance payments to disability, then your options are:

1) Apply under H&C - very low chance there will be a positive outcome
2) Secure an job offer and approved LMIA so that you can qualify to immigrate independently - extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process
3) Return to the UK to work and support your family so that your wife can stop taking welfare payments and qualify to sponsor you - means you have to be separated from your family

Good luck - hope something works out.
Thank you for your help Scylla

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
all I know is im trying to find a employer that can sponsor me so i can work and financially support my family,I could quite easily go back to the UK to work and send money that way, but will I be happier? My family is here , day by day I get kicked back with the same thing, we dont supply LMIAs, you need a work permit,
This is typical. Since you don't qualify for an Open Work Permit as a visitor here, an employer would have to go through LMIA process to hire you. For the employer this is expensive as they need to pay all processing fees, takes time and effort to advertise the job to ensure no Canadian can be found for the role, and is a lot of burdensome paperwork. So vast majority of employers would simply hire a Canadian or PR. LMIAs are usually only successful for unique jobs where Canadians interested in the job is lacking, or if you are exceptionally skilled at your profession so an employer desperately wants to hire you.

As mentioned, the best course of action is probably to return to UK and work to support your family so your wife can come off social assistance. Then she can qualify to sponsor you and you would eventually get PR. In fact once she came off social assistance, you could then return to Canada as a visitor and apply for PR + Open Work Permit with an INLAND app and be working in Canada 3-4 months alter while you wait for the app to process.

It will be a short term sacrifice to eventually get PR status and solve all your problems. May not make you happy in the meantime, but IRCC policies are not designed to make everyone happy.

benji

Apr 18, 2007
This is typical. Since you don't qualify for an Open Work Permit as a visitor here, an employer would have to go through LMIA process to hire you. For the employer this is expensive as they need to pay all processing fees, takes time and effort to advertise the job to ensure no Canadian can be found for the role, and is a lot of burdensome paperwork. So vast majority of employers would simply hire a Canadian or PR. LMIAs are usually only successful for unique jobs where Canadians interested in the job is lacking, or if you are exceptionally skilled at your profession so an employer desperately wants to hire you.

As mentioned, the best course of action is probably to return to UK and work to support your family so your wife can come off social assistance. Then she can qualify to sponsor you and you would eventually get PR. In fact once she came off social assistance, you could then return to Canada as a visitor and apply for PR + Open Work Permit with an INLAND app and be working in Canada 3-4 months alter while you wait for the app to process.

It will be a short term sacrifice to eventually get PR status and solve all your problems. May not make you happy in the meantime, but IRCC policies are not designed to make everyone happy.
Thank you Rob
So in order for my wife to be off assistance or the basic income pilot that recent came out i would have to go back to the UK and find a job that adds up to all her outgoings? mortgage, bills etc,as well as my expense back in the UK?
So I support, she comes off whatever government system, apply for spousal sponsorship, in canada?, does she have to prove she has enough monies to support me til i get permits? if so how much?but in order to get PR open work permit, the spousal application will have to be approved apply in canada or the permits

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thank you Rob
So in order for my wife to be off assistance or the basic income pilot that recent came out i would have to go back to the UK and find a job that adds up to all her outgoings? mortgage, bills etc,as well as my expense back in the UK?
She can come off social assistance whenever she wants, she simply needs to contact them and tell them to cancel everything for her.

It's entirely up to you how much income you need to start making in the UK to support her and yourself, in order for her to cancel her social assistance.

So I support, she comes off whatever government system, apply for spousal sponsorship, in canada?, does she have to prove she has enough monies to support me til i get permits? if so how much?but in order to get PR open work permit, the spousal application will have to be approved apply in canada or the permits
There is no minimum income needed to sponsor a spouse. She will just need to convince the visa officer she won't go back on social assistance after you get PR.

So she can submit a financial plan, showing your own expected income after you become a PR, and her own expected income when she gets better. If she has any family that could help, they can also offer letters of financial support.

For an INLAND PR app, one applies for PR and OWP at the same time. The OWP will be issued 3-4 months later while the PR app is still processing so the applicant can work.

benji

Apr 18, 2007
She can come off social assistance whenever she wants, she simply needs to contact them and tell them to cancel everything for her.

It's entirely up to you how much income you need to start making in the UK to support her and yourself, in order for her to cancel her social assistance.

There is no minimum income needed to sponsor a spouse. She will just need to convince the visa officer she won't go back on social assistance after you get PR.

So she can submit a financial plan, showing your own expected income after you become a PR, and her own expected income when she gets better. If she has any family that could help, they can also offer letters of financial support.

For an INLAND PR app, one applies for PR and OWP at the same time. The OWP will be issued 3-4 months later while the PR app is still processing so the applicant can work.
Rob Is the basic income pilot that recently came out another word for social assistance? came out end of last year for certain areas https://news.ontario.ca/mcss/en/2017/10/ontario-basic-income-pilot-helping-provide-more-security-and-opportunity.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Anand.kn

Jan 8, 2018
Hey guys, I'm in a tough situation ATM. My application for my PR in Canada application is in process and my bridging work permit got rejected and I have to leave the country. If I leave the country (Canada) will my PR application gets rejected automatically?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hey guys, I'm in a tough situation ATM. My application for my PR in Canada application is in process and my bridging work permit got rejected and I have to leave the country. If I leave the country (Canada) will my PR application gets rejected automatically?
If you applied inside Canada for PR, didn't you also submit an Open Work Permit app along with the PR app? This would have given you implied status in Canada.

A requirement of inside Canada spousal app, is the you are cohabiting with your sponsor inside Canada for duration of processing. If you leave Canada for an extended time, then yes the app can be cancelled since you are no longer meeting one of the basic conditions. In this case you would need to re-apply as an outside Canada app.

How long have you been out of status? You could always apply for restoration of status if it's within 90 days.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Hi there folks, Merry Christmas to all
My name is Ben I am 37 a british citizen, currently livig in Canada on visitors extension visa..
I am married to a Canadian citizen for 5 years and we have a 9 year old daughter.
Because my wife cannot sponsor me at the moment i am seeking other avenues.
My work background is quite diverse, my skill set i would say is a NOC C intermediate..
because we have a child would the humantarian and compassionate grounds qualify me PR ? as she is affected every time I return back to england for lengthy periods of time...
I have also looked into Nominee programs but im not sure the route to take to get a better result, currently in Ontario but eager to relocate
If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated

Ben
Have you explored Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?