+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Perm rejection question

Naveennarayanan99

Apr 24, 2018
For Canada PR, I know that we have to disclose previous visa rejections. I have all H1B visa approvals no rejections at all. However, the perm application which was filed by my employer was rejected after audit. Now my question is whether we have to disclose the same in the background questions.
Perm is pretty similar to LMIA in Canada and not a visa or permit. Hence, do we have to disclose the same

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
For Canada PR, I know that we have to disclose previous visa rejections. I have all H1B visa approvals no rejections at all. However, the perm application which was filed by my employer was rejected after audit. Now my question is whether we have to disclose the same in the background questions.
Perm is pretty similar to LMIA in Canada and not a visa or permit. Hence, do we have to disclose the same
Yes, you still have to disclose the same information. No exceptions.

Naveennarayanan99

Apr 24, 2018
Thank you. I have moved to Canada on ICT and did not mention that in that application (work permit). I am planning to mention that in the PR application (mark YES I mean) and explain in LOE that this is employer specific prerequisite before the immigrant visa (I140) and hence understood that it is not a visa/permit. Do you know if that would be okay since previous application is already closed and visa is already issued

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Do you know it or are you just confused? How is an application equal to a Visa. This is absurd.
Thank you. I have moved to Canada on ICT and did not mention that in that application (work permit). I am planning to mention that in the PR application (mark YES I mean) and explain in LOE that this is employer specific prerequisite before the immigrant visa (I140) and hence understood that it is not a visa/permit. Do you know if that would be okay since previous application is already closed and visa is already issued
The only place where you mention is on your ds160's , where there is a question like this, "has anyone applied Immigration Petition on your behalf." Then you explain this scenario. My 2 cents, other than that there is no place where you would be asked about your Immigration intent or those details. Chill.

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
You don't need to mention PERM rejection. PERM is not a Visa.

procfs

Oct 3, 2023
Can you please inform us why your PERM got denied? Are you applying for a new PERM from Canada?