+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ Graduate CSQ Application-French Results Decreased After Re-evaluation

sharkie

Aug 19, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am in a very odd situation regarding my CSQ application through PEQ Graduate program. Any help and info if you also experienced this would be appreciated.

After I applied for the CSQ ı got the classic letter from immigration with the payment receipt. After, I got a second letter which sad that the immigration would be verifying the validity of the documents I submitted. They also wrote that they did not know how long this process would take.

2 weeks later, I got an emaıl from CCIP Paris and was told that my score for the TEFAQ exam for Oral expression part, which I took 10 months ago, was re-evaluated and decreased by 25%. This decreases my score to B1... I haven't heard from the immigration since then and it has been 6 weeks since I received the letter. I also don't know if I need to take the exam again or not.

Has anyone experienced this before ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

sharkie

Aug 19, 2016
Very sorry to hear this. Have you seen this thread? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/peq-rejected.526623/ I know it is a step ahead of you, but sort of same problem... that French proficiency was re-evaluated and the grade dropped and therefore selection certificate refused... Where did you do your TEFAQ?
Thank you for your reply. I did my TEFAQ in Montreal Quebec. At Point3 institution. I also took preparation courses there. Honestly, I am very frustrated about this. I know that immigration wanted my scores to be re-evalauted. But, what doesn't make sense to me is that the people who re-evaluted my score decreased it 25%. That is a very big difference. I don't get how a same institution can grade the same exam so differently...

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I did my TEFAQ in Montreal Quebec. At Point3 institution. I also took preparation courses there. Honestly, I am very frustrated about this. I know that immigration wanted my scores to be re-evalauted. But, what doesn't make sense to me is that the people who re-evaluted my score decreased it 25%. That is a very big difference. I don't get how a same institution can grade the same exam so differently...
Re-evaluating and then reducing score of your TEFAQ is infact challenging the examination authority. You should challenge it in the court. Quebec's gone crazy with csq process. I can see a reason behind it : Quick buck colleges offering B2 cert in 45 - 160 hours and awarding cert to everyone irrespective of their french capability. Hoardes of international students whose french ability is basic to nothing got B2 certs and that probably has made MIDI paranoid.

In the other thread mentioned by Betula I have given link of a firm who are inviting applicants wronged by MIDI. Contact them as yours seem to be quite genuine case.

hoppi10

Feb 12, 2018
@jerrynomenon

I'm shocked that you've been waiting since November!

I just received the same letter today

I was expecting the CSQ approval letter this week and I had this letter instead.