+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People with RQ from Victoria who applied before April 2015

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody!
I have applied in Victoria in 2012. So it was 4 years now. My "In Process" changed to "DM" in December 2015. Also additional line appeared stating that decision has been made and I should receive correspondence within 3 months.

I didn't receive any letter of refusal or inviting me for March oath ceremonies in Victoria, which means it will have to happen some other time. But CIC comes to Victoria 3 times a year and that puts another possible ceremony in Victoria sometime in July!!! I am angry with how much I was waiting so far and now there is no end in sight not just for ceremony (if I indeed got approved) but also for me learning WHAT the decision actually is!!! Why on Earth don't they let us know what the decision is? In order to get the answer I had to file ATIP!

If anybody is in the same situation, especially from Victoria, please share your experience and speculations on when we can see the next ceremony in Victoria. The end of March is near, and CIC promised to resolve all the applications filed before April 2015 by the end of March.

thank you all!

---------------------------
applied March 2012
started processing - December 2012
Cit Test - January 2014
Got RQ - January 2015
Decision Made - December 2015

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robw said:
Have you tried the hotline?
If you mean call CIC, I did. Right after I got DM. Got usual brush off - call us 8 weeks later or something like that. My lawyer got the brush off also. They just don't share any info.
What I am trying to do is to collect information here, on this site. And from these bits to create an idea what can happen next and when.

Haidar83

Mar 16, 2016
I am from Victoria too.
I did the test on June 2015 pass it and got DM..until now nothing changed! We call CIC but different officer every time and different answers. Theyou sent the office in Vancouver asking to speed the process but nothing new happen. We sent mail to vancouver office letting them know that we are ready to do the Oath in Vancouver. ..

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haidar83 said:
I am from Victoria too.
I did the test on June 2015 pass it and got DM..until now nothing changed! We call CIC but different officer every time and different answers. Theyou sent the office in Vancouver asking to speed the process but nothing new happen. We sent mail to vancouver office letting them know that we are ready to do the Oath in Vancouver. ..
Did you apply before April 2015? Apparently timeline is different in this case.
You asked CIC to have oath ceremony not in Victoria? I thought it is impossible. I've been told it is considered to be fraud by CIC (moving your place of oath without moving your residential address). Could you tell me where you found that one can do this? I myself would gladly take the oath in Vancouver.
My last talk to an agent also didn't help - told me to keep waiting and that they are working on my case.
When did you get DM?

Haidar83

Mar 16, 2016
The cic officer told me to offer them do my test in Vancouver! !
Yes my application before April 2015, the DM was around September 2015 and still waiting! ! I dnt know what shall I do I think the next oath on July ...it's unfair to wait all that time :(

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haidar83 said:
The cic officer told me to offer them do my test in Vancouver! !
Yes my application before April 2015, the DM was around September 2015 and still waiting! ! I dnt know what shall I do I think the next oath on July ...it's unfair to wait all that time :(
What did agents told you when you phoned CIC? Did they tell you if the decision was positive?
Yes, the next oaths will be in July. But even so how do we know we'll be invited? I for one lost hope. My case is being processed for 4 years now!!! I am so mad! There is just no end to this!