+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study Permit LA consulate for Fall 2013?

filipovic_11

Jul 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shradzsaraf said:
What was the subject of the email ?
The subject line said "Citizenship and Immigration Canada: Information about (Application Number...)"

dadadakkkk

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
filipovic_11 said:
In my enquiry, I wrote something like "Please inform me about the status of my application and when approximately its processing will be finalized. My application was received at your Consulate at May 2nd."

A few hours letter I received an email from CIC with the approval letter attached. Letter was dated 7/22 (yesterday) So I guess they were just finished with it.

The e-mail had an UCI number and application number and simply said "please refer to the attached document regarding your application."

thank you all for sharing information and good luck with your applications. Guess somebody's doing some work at LA CHC, so things should work out in the end.
Congratulation!! I'm happy for you. ;D

scholar201

Jul 13, 2013
filipovic_11 said:
Hello all,

I've sent another case specific inquiry today. A few hours later I received an e-mail with a letter attached, stating that my application has been approved.

Best of luck to the rest of you.
Many congrats and best of luck for your studies. Cheers.....

scholar201

Jul 13, 2013
I have received my study permit package today with a rejection. The decision letter mentioned that he is not satisfied that I will leave Canada after expiry of my authorized stay.

I provided details of very strong family bindings, a permanent government job and documents of personal property with my application. Still these details couldn't satisfy the visa officer.

Decision letter is dated 11 July. My bank draft is still outstanding. So for other applicants don't think that they will start reviewing your application once visa fee will be cashed out.

I will appreciate if someone can assist me in providing any contact information of a immigration lawyer in Canada who can assist me in representing my case in any court of law for review of decision.

Best of luck everyone and thanks for providing me information.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
scholar201 said:
I have received my study permit package today with a rejection. The decision letter mentioned that he is not satisfied that I will leave Canada after expiry of my authorized stay.

I provided details of very strong family bindings, a permanent government job and documents of personal property with my application. Still these details couldn't satisfy the visa officer.

Decision letter is dated 11 July. My bank draft is still outstanding. So for other applicants don't think that they will start reviewing your application once visa fee will be cashed out.

I will appreciate if someone can assist me in providing any contact information of a immigration lawyer in Canada who can assist me in representing my case in any court of law for review of decision.

Oh so sorry to hear that. They did not email you before sending the package?

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
scholar201 said:

Sorry to hear about that... As I see you used help of the representative. Did you try to ask him what would be your next step?

You can also make ATIP request at the Canada Government website to get more details, particularly about reasons for rejecting. You can get it by email. However, it will take a month to process such a request.

And one more thing -- did you originally come to Canada for English/other study courses or as a tourist?

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
@scholar201,
sorry to hear about that... i think you can try talking to someone at their office in Ottawa or better still tell you immigration consultant to help present your case again on a fast track... i think s(he) should know how to go about that as an immigration individual. One thing that can also help your situation pretty well in your next step is to prove to the VO that you ave not exceeded your stay in Canada. Did you send in case specific enquiries prior to receiving your package?, at least they should ave informed you when your package was sent...Were you sent an e-mail message about the outcome before you got Ur package?

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
DaniO

He hasn't overstayed in Canada, but VO was not satisfied he wouldn't do it in future. That is most common formal and obscure phrase in reject letters. For details CAIPS info is needed

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
molotoff1984,
I understand and that is fearsome...am a bag full of potatoes right now; I know all will be well though. Did you send any case specific enquiry this week yet?

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
daniO said:
molotoff1984,
I understand and that is fearsome...am a bag full of potatoes right now; I know all will be well though. Did you send any case specific enquiry this week yet?
sent another one yesterday, but guessing it's hopeless. chances are I will just get the envelope from consulate soon

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
molotoff1984,
I guess you attached a return mail package envelope with your application, try to keep tracking that.. that is what ave been doing to know when my package is sent. I also sent case enquiries yesterday but no response.. ave u checked your cashier's check whether its been cashed?

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
daniO said:
molotoff1984,
I guess you attached a return mail package envelope with your application, try to keep tracking that.. that is what ave been doing to know when my package is sent. I also sent case enquiries yesterday but no response.. ave u checked your cashier's check whether its been cashed?
I didn't attach any envelop, cause my application was from within Canada. They return documents only by regular USPS in this case. My money order hasn't been cashed.

daniO

Jul 22, 2013
molotoff1984,
Do not worry all will be well for you.. i think your document should be on the way as they are attending to applicants from May 4 who applied within Canada