06-08-2013
COSTI IMMIGRATION/EMPLOYMENT SERVICES

Employment Services Brampton

Presents JOB FAIR

Date: Friday, August 23rd, 2013

Time: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
10 Gillingham Drive, Suite 300
Brampton, ON L6X 5A5

200+ LONG TERM WAREHOUSE POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN THE BRAMPTON AND MISSISSAUGA AREA

General Laborers (Packaging /Order Picking)
Forklift Operators (Raymond Reach /Counter Balance /Cherry Picker)
SAP Clerks
Quality Inspectors

Janitors

Wages start at $10.25 to $15.00 depending on position and duties
Males and females are both encouraged to apply
Day, Afternoon and Night Shifts Available

Please bring:

• Resume
•Photo ID
•SIN
•Forklift Certification (for those applying for fork lift positions)

Seating is Limited

To Register call (905) 459-8855

or email bramptonemployment@costi.org

This Employment Ontario Service is funded in part by the Government of Canada

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 13-10-2010, Full Documents Sent 19-01-11, 2nd AOR 16-06-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
coolguy2010 said:

Presents JOB FAIR

Brampton, ON L6X 5A5

200+ LONG TERM WAREHOUSE POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN THE BRAMPTON AND MISSISSAUGA AREA

SAP Clerks
Quality Inspectors

Janitors

Please bring:

• Resume
•Photo ID
•SIN

Seating is Limited

or email bramptonemployment @ costi.org

Coolguy.... since you are posting these, it means that EVEN ENTRY LEVEL JOB ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT ALLLL ???? :eek:

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's totally a wrong perception!

There are plenty of jobs esp in IT field & esp in banks. The only issue is that a new comer is not having Canadian experience & your CV should be as per Canadian format (2 pages only, see sample Canadian CVs as it is a very sensitive job-winning item) plus you have to win the employing manager's heart/mind at the time of interview once it is called!

Good news is that since 15th July 2103, Govt of Canada has amended their code of conduct at work place and made it in a way that your International experience (http://www.microskills.ca/bridge-to-employment-for-internationally-trained/) is acceptable provided you had done your education credentials assessed by a Canadian approved university or organization. And no Canadian employer can refuse your out-of-Canada experience. This was notified by COSTI & MICROSKILLS officials in a seminar arranged by National Bank of Canada as part of their new-comers attraction policy!

So -in my opinion- do not rush for a labor or janitors' job if you hold a masters or doctorate degree from a recognized university either from India or Pakistan or South Asia or United Kingdom! Wait for couple of weeks and if you are in a hurry to make dollars, get it for night shift (Timhorton night shifts are good enough; $400 per week approx.) and continue your main job-hunt during day time.

For regulated profession such as MBBS holders or Nurses etc , you have to pass the exam and have no option to become taxi driver or waiter or labor until you pass the required exam or manage your finances until you succeed!

AAJ said:
Coolguy.... since you are posting these, it means that EVEN ENTRY LEVEL JOB ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT ALLLL ???? :eek:

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
NN74 said:
That's totally a wrong perception!

There are plenty of jobs esp in IT field & esp in banks. The only issue is that a new comer is not having Canadian experience & your CV should be as per Canadian format (2 pages only, see sample Canadian CVs as it is a very sensitive job-winning item) plus you have to win the employing manager's heart/mind at the time of interview once it is called!

Good news is that since 15th July 2103, Govt of Canada has amended their code of conduct at work place and made it in a way that your International experience (http://www.microskills.ca/bridge-to-employment-for-internationally-trained/) is acceptable provided you had done your education credentials assessed by a Canadian approved university or organization. And no Canadian employer can refuse your out-of-Canada experience. This was notified by COSTI & MICROSKILLS officials in a seminar arranged by National Bank of Canada as part of their new-comers attraction policy!

So -in my opinion- do not rush for a labor or janitors' job if you hold a masters or doctorate degree from a recognized university either from India or Pakistan or South Asia or United Kingdom! Wait for couple of weeks and if you are in a hurry to make dollars, get it for night shift (Timhorton night shifts are good enough; $400 per week approx.) and continue your main job-hunt during day time.

For regulated profession such as MBBS holders or Nurses etc , you have to pass the exam and have no option to become taxi driver or waiter or labor until you pass the required exam or manage your finances until you succeed!
Thanks a lot for your helping and encouraging message.

I heard about the code of conduct at work place regarding Canadian experience. But I still have doubts since, in my opinion, it would take time to change the recruitment culture there. Even though it is advised to accept international experience, but candidates having Canadian experience will definitely be the first choice of employers. Having said that, it is definitely a very good and welcomed initiative, which will benefit new comers in long run. Also, at least new comers will be called for interviews and hence will get more opportunities to present themselves.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Believe it or not, here employees are in shortage, attrition rate is high, and career sections are full of jobs!

Most of the top hiring managers (I hate to mention this) are 8th standard drop outs, because in Canada till 8th class there are no exams, each year students move to new grade until 8th standard is having exam and most of them fail. I may be wrong in my judgmental statement but there are some instances which had proved this fact! It appears that arriving immigrants are highly educated (in most cases) and ready for job if they pass English language exam which any way required as part of immigration. So the room is quite big for new immigrants provided you sell yourself nicely!

Canadians as a whole are nice people, loving & caring, and hence you may not find discrimination between a citizen or a new immigrant once a job is advertised. Its unlike UAE where preference is given to local over an Indian or Pakistani expat!

AAJ said:
Thanks a lot for your helping and encouraging message.

I heard about the code of conduct at work place regarding Canadian experience. But I still have doubts since, in my opinion, it would take time to change the recruitment culture there. Even though it is advised to accept international experience, but candidates having Canadian experience will definitely be the first choice of employers. Having said that, it is definitely a very good and welcomed initiative, which will benefit new comers in long run. Also, at least new comers will be called for interviews and hence will get more opportunities to present themselves.

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
NN74 said:
Believe it or not, here employees are in shortage, attrition rate is high, and career sections are full of jobs!

Most of the top hiring managers (I hate to mention this) are 8th standard drop outs, because in Canada till 8th class there are no exams, each year students move to new grade until 8th standard is having exam and most of them fail. I may be wrong in my judgmental statement but there are some instances which had proved this fact! It appears that arriving immigrants are highly educated (in most cases) and ready for job if they pass English language exam which any way required as part of immigration. So the room is quite big for new immigrants provided you sell yourself nicely!

Canadians as a whole are nice people, loving & caring, and hence you may not find discrimination between a citizen or a new immigrant once a job is advertised. Its unlike UAE where preference is given to local over an Indian or Pakistani expat!
I love your comments dear... +1 for your encouragement...

If there are enough jobs, why are immigrants finding it difficult to get one? Can you give some tips how to present ourselves to get good consideration there?

I am an accountant. Can you advise which city is better? I heard good about Calgory but everyone say that Toronto is always the better choice for immigrants...

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lets address this question - why are immigrants finding it difficult to get one?

How many new immigrants did you noticed that they are job less for over an year after their immigration? Very less.

Point is that those they migrate from India or Pakistan or Bangladesh, are having shortage of funds (due to local currency & CAD$ conversion) and hence they cant survive for even few weeks without job. Thus they need to hook up with any job! However, it s great to have a survival job for initial 3 months until you find a job of your own field but once you hook up with such kind f job, you may find it difficult to come back home after job-hours and look for Job Postings or go for an Interview. So live goes on and on with same initial job.

For example, if a new immigrant is hooked up with Timhorton, he will continue making CAD$1,500 pm and collect social assistance like Child Benefits, Low Employment Benefits etc. Hence, you will make your standard (I call it - class of immigrants) who settled with that!

So don't do that. If you are an accountant with professional degree from South Asian university, hook up your self with a targeted 3-5 months with survival job and educate yourself with a Canadian accountant qualification/certification and continue to look for a job of your own field. This is the 'hard work' and success stories come out only after hard work!

I live in Toronto & could speak about that. It's a largest metropolitan and job basket is fairly large! Pl note that 60% of new immigrants settle here. All this, but you have to work hard to make room for yourself. Just imagine, if you loose your job n UAE, is it easy to find new job quickly? The answer is big no. So as the case of all other parts of world, & Toronto too!

Be positive about your career, means look for job of your field even if you are driving taxi or acting as a janitor staff or serving coffee at Tim. No matter, what you do initially, who cares! But in long run, as a successful immigrant, the way you adapt to North American culture automatically, look for a job of your own field religiously!

AAJ said:

If there are enough jobs, why are immigrants finding it difficult to get one? Can you give some tips how to present ourselves to get good consideration there?

I am an accountant. Can you advise which city is better? I heard good about Calgory but everyone say that Toronto is always the better choice for immigrants...

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi AAJ,

The purpose of this post is to inform guys who are looking for jobs desperately and can take up any jobs

There are jobs in the market and u can visit several job sites such indeed.ca, workopolis.com,etc

For communication and interview with employers, the settlement service providers will help u lot for this and it is helpful.

The main point is they want canadian experience which can be overcome by networking, etc

Regards
cool

AAJ said:

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
coolguy2010 said:
Hi AAJ,

The purpose of this post is to inform guys who are looking for jobs desperately and can take up any jobs

There are jobs in the market and u can visit several job sites such indeed.ca, workopolis.com,etc

For communication and interview with employers, the settlement service providers will help u lot for this and it is helpful.

The main point is they want canadian experience which can be overcome by networking, etc

Regards
cool
One thing that I have come across that in Canada its all about numbers and it is a numbers game. I do not mean to discourage anyone but the settlement workers are only concerned about there numbers and basically they are using us to save there own jobs. There is no check and balance between the Employment Ontario funded agencies and the government. Its all a numbers game. All the resume making and interview technique workshops is to fulfill there numbers for more funding from the government. They are just interested in taking our SIN numbers...I do not mean to be pessimistic but this is the reality and my experience as well.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Yes, they are more interested in getting more clients for registration as they get paid per client or family.

But there is genuine links between this guys and employment to certain level.

Wicked Blues said:
One thing that I have come across that in Canada its all about numbers and it is a numbers game. I do not mean to discourage anyone but the settlement workers are only concerned about there numbers and basically they are using us to save there own jobs. There is no check and balance between the Employment Ontario funded agencies and the government. Its all a numbers game. All the resume making and interview technique workshops is to fulfill there numbers for more funding from the government. They are just interested in taking our SIN numbers...I do not mean to be pessimistic but this is the reality and my experience as well.

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
coolguy2010 said:
Yes, they are more interested in getting more clients for registration as they get paid per client or family.

Well, everything has positives and negatives. In my opinion, it is on us to grap positives from anything and use those to our benefit...

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
NN74 said:
Lets address this question - why are immigrants finding it difficult to get one?

How many new immigrants did you noticed that they are job less for over an year after their immigration? Very less.

Point is that those they migrate from India or Pakistan or Bangladesh, are having shortage of funds (due to local currency & CAD$ conversion) and hence they cant survive for even few weeks without job. Thus they need to hook up with any job! However, it s great to have a survival job for initial 3 months until you find a job of your own field but once you hook up with such kind f job, you may find it difficult to come back home after job-hours and look for Job Postings or go for an Interview. So live goes on and on with same initial job.

For example, if a new immigrant is hooked up with Timhorton, he will continue making CAD$1,500 pm and collect social assistance like Child Benefits, Low Employment Benefits etc. Hence, you will make your standard (I call it - class of immigrants) who settled with that!

So don't do that. If you are an accountant with professional degree from South Asian university, hook up your self with a targeted 3-5 months with survival job and educate yourself with a Canadian accountant qualification/certification and continue to look for a job of your own field. This is the 'hard work' and success stories come out only after hard work!

I live in Toronto & could speak about that. It's a largest metropolitan and job basket is fairly large! Pl note that 60% of new immigrants settle here. All this, but you have to work hard to make room for yourself. Just imagine, if you loose your job n UAE, is it easy to find new job quickly? The answer is big no. So as the case of all other parts of world, & Toronto too!

Be positive about your career, means look for job of your field even if you are driving taxi or acting as a janitor staff or serving coffee at Tim. No matter, what you do initially, who cares! But in long run, as a successful immigrant, the way you adapt to North American culture automatically, look for a job of your own field religiously!
Thank you again NN74 for your detailed analysis. I was actually thinking to start with any survival job immediately because this is general perception at least at this forum. But your point is valid that many do get themselves stuck in those survival jobs. If we have enough savings then it is better to wait for a few months and analyse the job market and its response before trying any survival job.

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
coolguy2010 said:

Do not get me wrong on this point but there is a link between them and the employers only because of the numbers. That link that you are mentioning is called the "Hiring Incentive". You will certainly learn the game in a few months time. Its a circle that they make you go through. But the way I look at things is, if I cannot market myself than what on earth will I do for that organization but than that's my approach. All these so called EO funded agencies are just getting the funding from the government and its not like the government is paying from there own pockets. Its our hard earned tax dollars. The EO funded agencies will get you hired using the hiring incentive for 3 months and fill there numbers to save there jobs and there funding from the government. Its all a numbers game. By the way professional employers do not even bother with EO funded agencies.

Even I learned it the hard way and my approach and suggestion is to get into upgrading your skills with Canadian education rather than being stuck in the rut.

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
Wicked Blues said:
Do not get me wrong on this point but there is a link between them and the employers only because of the numbers. That link that you are mentioning is called the "Hiring Incentive". You will certainly learn the game in a few months time. Its a circle that they make you go through. But the way I look at things is, if I cannot market myself than what on earth will I do for that organization but than that's my approach. All these so called EO funded agencies are just getting the funding from the government and its not like the government is paying from there own pockets. Its our hard earned tax dollars. The EO funded agencies will get you hired using the hiring incentive for 3 months and fill there numbers to save there jobs and there funding from the government. Its all a numbers game. By the way professional employers do not even bother with EO funded agencies.

Even I learned it the hard way and my approach and suggestion is to get into upgrading your skills with Canadian education rather than being stuck in the rut.
Dear Wicked & other seniors,

In your opinion, what should be the best possible approach to find a decent job in Canada? Is it networking, agencies (which ones?), graigslist, job fairs or any other resources? How do you rank them all?

kiala

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
coolguy2010 said:

Presents JOB FAIR

Brampton, ON L6X 5A5

SAP Clerks
Quality Inspectors

Janitors

Please bring:

• Resume
•Photo ID
•SIN

Seating is Limited

or email bramptonemployment @ costi.org

it sucks mr cool guy...all shyte jobs...don't advertise this garbage....