+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People moving from US

TrackUser06

Jul 15, 2022
Hello
We recently moved from US to Canada, and it has been difficult settling down.
Everything is a bit challenging as compared to US
  • Finding a suitable rental place
  • School admission
  • Doctor appointment
  • Buying a car and Getting mortgage due to lack of credit history

• The list goes on…
I had moved here with the hopes of settling down. But every step is challenging as compared to the system in US.
People who have moved from US, and settled down here in Canada, please tell me it gets better with time.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
  • School admission
  • Doctor appointment

• The list goes on…
I had moved here with the hopes of settling down. But every step is challenging as compared to the system in US.
People who have moved from US, and settled down here in Canada, please tell me it gets better with time.
Despite by cash, isn't it as challenging for a driver license holder from CT to buy a car in WA?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
  • School admission
  • Doctor appointment

• The list goes on…
In many places in the US you can have very similar challenges. What are you finding difficult about school registration? In terms of finding a suitable rental where are you looking and what is the issue? Is it finding a place you like, finding something within your budget, is the problem getting the landlord to rent to you, etc. Unfkrtunately in many countries you need a local credit history to qualify for a mortgage.

Perhaps if you indicate the exact problems people can help you or provide advice. Moving to another country with your family is usually challenging and exhausting especially in the moment.