+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People going to University of British Columbia for September intake....

Raaga

Apr 1, 2014
Hey,please feel free to share your experience for all who are going to University of British Columbia for september intake.Have you filed for the study permit or will do it yet? What are you planning to do about the tuition fee?

saranjeet singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raaga said:
Hey,please feel free to share your experience for all who are going to University of British Columbia for september intake.Have you filed for the study permit and will do it yet? What are you planning to do about the tuition fee?
I got the admit in Masc Electrical engg ..my campus is ubc okanagan . what is yours ?

WaqasAhmed

Jan 26, 2014
I have applied to the UBC okanagan in MEng Civil . But still no response from them. When will they respond. ?

jaskaranjassal

Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
not in ubc :( but in Douglas college Vancouver .... has any one from u applied visa ??

farhansk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JULY 2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
7 November 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
15 January 2015
Med's Request
24 January 2015
Med's Done....
07 February 2015 MEDICALS RECEIVED 15 FEB [PP BIO PAGES,PCC,MR,RPRF ONLINE RECEIPT SENT ON 9TH FEB 2015]
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 21 MARCH 2015 , PPR 16 APRIL , PP SUBMITTED 16 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
SOON IN SHAA ALLAH
LANDED..........
END OF MAY IN SHAA ALLAH
To early to apply for student visa yet cuz I think uni gives you offer letter 1st week of June? May be I am not sure thou.

Planning for RRU Victoria or FDU in vancouver.

Raaga

Apr 1, 2014
farhansk said:
To early to apply for student visa yet cuz I think uni gives you offer letter 1st week of June? May be I am not sure thou.

Planning for RRU Victoria or FDU in vancouver.
Thats not true.The university sends you offer letter at the time when you get accepted.Its not like if you are accepted in month of march and the University is sending you an offer letter in month of June. The letter when send by mail ,itself takes time to reach an overseas student(10-12 days approx).I got accepted by UBC on MARCH 13,2014 and got my acceptance letter by courier on March 24..But,Yes I do think that it might be a bit to early for the visa application,however a person applying for a student visa for September intake should not apply later than August 1, as recommended by the visa office. Applying more than 3 months before the proposed date of going to Canada would also not make sense.Although ,they do suggest to apply as soon as possible.

farhansk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JULY 2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
7 November 2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
15 January 2015
Med's Request
24 January 2015
Med's Done....
07 February 2015 MEDICALS RECEIVED 15 FEB [PP BIO PAGES,PCC,MR,RPRF ONLINE RECEIPT SENT ON 9TH FEB 2015]
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 21 MARCH 2015 , PPR 16 APRIL , PP SUBMITTED 16 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
SOON IN SHAA ALLAH
LANDED..........
END OF MAY IN SHAA ALLAH
You might be right but may b depends on different universities. I read somewhere on this blog that this happens
Anyways you might have more knowledge as you have received the same as well.
Good luck !!

gurpreetk22

Apr 11, 2014
I have done Btech in electrical stream with a percentage of 62.05 with more than 10 backlogs. But i completed my study at time.
Whenever i consult with anyone, they said i have less percentage in my graduation to apply for masters degree.
But I want to go for masters degree only. is there any way out ! is there any university which will give me admission on the basis of this percentage?

jaskaranjassal

Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
gurpreetk22 said:
I have done Btech in electrical stream with a percentage of 62.05 with more than 10 backlogs. But i completed my study at time.
Whenever i consult with anyone, they said i have less percentage in my graduation to apply for masters degree.
But I want to go for masters degree only. is there any way out ! is there any university which will give me admission on the basis of this percentage?
choose some college gurpreet ..in uni i think percentage marks requirement is higher as compared to colleges. and uni also demand higher ilets score.

Raaga

Apr 1, 2014
farhansk said:
You might be right but may b depends on different universities. I read somewhere on this blog that this happens
Anyways you might have more knowledge as you have received the same as well.
Good luck !!
Well,yes you are right that it may depend from university to university.This is how it happens at University of British Columbia,York University and Waterloo University.I know this in case of these 3 because I got the acceptance letter from there in the way I described above.But yes,Off course different universities may have there own way.All the best for future :)

Raaga

Apr 1, 2014
gurpreetk22 said:
I would say that you go on the official websites of the universities you want to apply to,there you should check there admission requirements for the masters program you want to apply.Please,checkout the requirements for international students and within it choose your country.Because universities generally have different admission requirements for students from different countries, as the marking criteria differ country to country.for example at University of Waterloo for Masc in electrical engineering you would need 78% and same is the case in Meng. Also ,if you would look at the site of admission requirement for students particularly for India, it states that you would need a 4 year bachelors and first class position.Is 62.05 first class position.University of Waterloo is one of the best in Canada for engineering and hence there admission requirement would be fairly high but you could find some universities whose admission requirements might meet your grades. However ,the best way would be to email your marks,detailed education profile at the appropriate email address for grad studies of the universities you want to try for and ask them if you can qualify there .But meeting minimum admission requirement does not mean that you will get in.Remember they are minimum requirement,there might be people with stellar grades and they will choose ones with higher grades for there program.Hope this helps. Best of luck :)