+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pending Visitor Visa/TRV for newborn/kids

Librankris

Sep 17, 2018
I can confirm I have the same issue. My family of 4 are PRs, residing in Singapore. I applied for my fifth baby's TRV using the GCKey portal (my personal account) stating all the reasons for travel etc (we are moving permanently there in June). I applied on Feb 20, 2022, but still waiting. Sending an inquiry using website form did not result in anything (just keep waiting, we will let you know if we need anything). Our flight is on the 4th of June 2022, does anyone have any suggestions? Or am I panicking too early?
Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the system I guess. I've requested for the GCMS notes to check where it might be stuck - hopefully that sheds some light into the application. Else, I am thinking of reapplying with the new portal in a few weeks' time with me as the representative. Honestly this has been quite stressful - not sure why they would take so much time to process infant applications when they clearly don't need background/security checks.

pavelksg

Jun 13, 2018
Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the system I guess. I've requested for the GCMS notes to check where it might be stuck - hopefully that sheds some light into the application. Else, I am thinking of reapplying with the new portal in a few weeks' time with me as the representative. Honestly this has been quite stressful - not sure why they would take so much time to process infant applications when they clearly don't need background/security checks.
Where are you located and how long have you been waiting? What is the URL of the new portal?

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022
True. No biometrics /BG check for kids.. Still waiting for a long time. I think they have excluded minor (kids) files in processing. This is a technical glitch and many parents are stuck and waiting for a long time. Not sure whether kids are excluded due to vaccination status. You can join this above WhatsApp group. We have to complain this issue (kids files not getting picked up for processing) to IRCC.

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022
We are in a similar situation as yours both me and my prtner and PRs and applied for our infant daughters TRV on 17th Feb 2022 since we are moving back to Canada in Aug 2022. No movement in the application despite Singapore visa office showing a 32 days processing time. IRCC's webform responses havent been particularly useful either and at this point I am worried if the application will be processed by August.
There is some issue and kids TRV applications are not even getting processed. We have to complain this to IRCC. Join the WhatsApp group. Let's discuss..

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022
I can confirm I have the same issue. My family of 4 are PRs, residing in Singapore. I applied for my fifth baby's TRV using the GCKey portal (my personal account) stating all the reasons for travel etc (we are moving permanently there in June). I applied on Feb 20, 2022, but still waiting. Sending an inquiry using website form did not result in anything (just keep waiting, we will let you know if we need anything). Our flight is on the 4th of June 2022, does anyone have any suggestions? Or am I panicking too early?
Can't predict anything and book tickets.. Not sure when ircc is going to notice the issue and process the kids (minor) Visitor TRV files.

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hey ! We applied on Dec 20th , and got the request for medical about 2 weeks back . Got the request for passport in a week post that approx. This for our kid. Parents are both PR,
Hi Ankit..
Can you share your timeline please?
I have read in many chats that TRV is not approved for the kids with both Parents PR. Can you please confirm.

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Hi Ankit..
Can you share your timeline please?
I have read in many chats that TRV is not approved for the kids with both Parents PR. Can you please confirm.
Nothing like that. It got approved for mine and probably for others too in past.
Applied Dec 20 GCKey
PPR in April

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Nothing like that. It got approved for mine and probably for others too in past.
Applied Dec 20 GCKey
PPR in April
That is a relief. My husband is already in Canada and we are planning to start the Family sponsorship once myself and baby reaches over there. So TRV would be helpful to first land in Canada.
Can you tell me if you chose less than 6 months or more in the Period of stay when you were applying for TRV ?

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
That is a relief. My husband is already in Canada and we are planning to start the Family sponsorship once myself and baby reaches over there. So TRV would be helpful to first land in Canada.
Can you tell me if you chose less than 6 months or more in the Period of stay when you were applying for TRV ?
Oh ok we are pretty much in the same situation. I put in more than 6 months. When did you apply yours child`s TRV?

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Oh ok we are pretty much in the same situation. I put in more than 6 months. When did you apply yours child`s TRV?
I haven't applied yet.. I am trying to gather knowledge about the process of TRV. Thanks for the response.
I may get in touch with you later if I have further queries.

Ololosh

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Applied straight for TRP for my newborn on June 27. Both parents are PR holders outside Canada.
No news yet, but expecting something in November/December.

Anyone else got PPR for their kids lately?

dockerhooman

Aug 5, 2021
Applied straight for TRP for my newborn on June 27. Both parents are PR holders outside Canada.
No news yet, but expecting something in November/December.

Anyone else got PPR for their kids lately?
I've applied for my kid on 31 March 2022 and still no updates at all.