+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pending DUI Charges for work permit holder. Please Help!!

R Kumar

Nov 3, 2014
Hi,
I am currently working full time here in Canada. Everything was going very well but unfortunately 4 months ago i got a ticket for care & control of vehicle while impaired. I was just waiting for my friend to come pick me up while i was waiting outside the bar (I knew i had too much to drink so wasn't going to drive). Long story short- I am on a work permit right now and hoping to visit my wife and daughter back home in december. I am not convicted yet still going to trial. Already hired a good lawyer to deal with it. Will i be allowed to get back in after i visit my home country?? (This all happened here in Canada)

Please help my flight tickets already booked.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R Kumar said:
Hi,
I am currently working full time here in Canada. Everything was going very well but unfortunately 4 months ago i got a ticket for care & control of vehicle while impaired. I was just waiting for my friend to come pick me up while i was waiting outside the bar (I knew i had too much to drink so wasn't going to drive). Long story short- I am on a work permit right now and hoping to visit my wife and daughter back home in december. I am not convicted yet still going to trial. Already hired a good lawyer to deal with it. Will i be allowed to get back in after i visit my home country?? (This all happened here in Canada)

Please help my flight tickets already booked.
Did you drive the vehicle while being impaired??

R Kumar

Nov 3, 2014
I am charged with care and control of vehicle while impaired. I was over the limit and was sitting in my car.

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014
I am guessing that they will allow you back in the country so you can attend your court hearing, although I'd definitely confirm this with CIC and CBSA!
I received a DUI while in Canada and was deported because of it. According to my immigration information request, CIC were immediately informed of my arrest, and I had my work visa revoked but was issued a TRP until the date of my court hearing.
I hope you've got a good criminal lawyer that is also fully aware of the immigration implications. If you're convicted, you are likely to be given a departure order, so avoiding a conviction and criminal inadmissibility is paramount if you want to remain in Canada!
Good luck!

R Kumar

Nov 3, 2014
Thank you very much Bchome. its really helpful. I have really great lawyer. And my case is good too. In my court hearing the both of the cops contradicted in there testimony. One said he was driving the cruiser that night and the other said no she was driving the cruiser that night. If they cannot even remember that. LOL then the judge would not belive there story. Good for me!!

I really really need to win this one though.

Thanks again!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Yeah if the keys were in the ignition you can't really escape it.

An officer tried to issue me with a DUI as I was drunk in the passenger seat of the car but my friend was in McDonald's getting food. I explained that without me admitting to it driving the vehicle then they can't do anything, I told him I was a passenger and then my friend came out f McDonald's and the officer just kinda huffed and puffed and went on his way,