Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
I am a Canadian citizen living abroad sponsoring my common-law partner for PR in April this year. Received the latest notes ran on Sep 2. On Aug 4, notes updated by the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** CASE ANALYSIS** CAU NOTES NO CPC-M assessment notes, sponsorship Passed entered on 2016/05/02 FCC APPLICATION CONSULTANT: N DURATION OF RELATIONSHIP PRE-APP DATE: stated since 2010/xx/xx CHILD:N 2-YEAR CONDITIONAL VISA REQUIRED:N DOCUMENTS RECEIVED: Birth Certification of PA ORIGINAL police certificate of PA dated 2016/03/17 DOCUMENTS PENDING:- IMM5409 Common-law partnership Declaration
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMM5409 is not a compulsory form and I didn't include in the original package. The notes as showed above stated this form is "pending" but my parnter receives no request from the VO for that. Should we wait for the email/letter request to submit? Not sure if we should jump the gun.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
wyho007 said:
I am a Canadian citizen living abroad sponsoring my common-law partner for PR in April this year. Received the latest notes ran on Sep 2. On Aug 4, notes updated by the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** CASE ANALYSIS** CAU NOTES NO CPC-M assessment notes, sponsorship Passed entered on 2016/05/02 FCC APPLICATION CONSULTANT: N DURATION OF RELATIONSHIP PRE-APP DATE: stated since 2010/xx/xx CHILD:N 2-YEAR CONDITIONAL VISA REQUIRED:N DOCUMENTS RECEIVED: Birth Certification of PA ORIGINAL police certificate of PA dated 2016/03/17 DOCUMENTS PENDING:- IMM5409 Common-law partnership Declaration
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMM5409 is not a compulsory form and I didn't include in the original package. The notes as showed above stated this form is "pending" but my parnter receives no request from the VO for that. Should we wait for the email/letter request to submit? Not sure if we should jump the gun.
This form does not apply for married couples of course. I could be wrong, but if you are applying under common law, would you not have to provide this form?

Do check the section in GCMS notes on communication. Did it indicate CIC sent you an email to request this?

You can search in this forum what other common law applicants provided.

Suggest that you fill and sign this, and then upload via case-specific-enquiry, followed by sending the physical hard copy by mail.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
cheng9999 said:
This form does not apply for married couples of course. I could be wrong, but if you are applying under common law, would you not have to provide this form?

Do check the section in GCMS notes on communication. Did it indicate CIC sent you an email to request this?

You can search in this forum what other common law applicants provided.

Suggest that you fill and sign this, and then upload via case-specific-enquiry, followed by sending the physical hard copy by mail.
No, that form is not a compulsory form required under common law. Under communication in the GCMS notes, it doesn't mentioned CIC sent out any request for the form either.

So, you think it's preferred to submit it anyway?