28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI,
THANK YOU, for the Answer I have some Interviews going on and trying to get a LIMA. Then ITs ok?
You can certainly try. As said previously, you should assume the chances of getting the work permit approved will be on the low side due to your status in the U.S.

rahulioo

Jan 23, 2021
hi, I am here in USA and planning to move to Canada, I read your question, did you try to go to Canada pls let me know I have the same position.pls
I am on H1-B and applied Canada in 2018 on points based and no luck. Many of my friends did a same and no luck for them. I also applied Australia, but everything is suspended due to COVID there. Both countries aren't easy anymore to migrate. It is better if you do it from home country.

PrabhjeetM

Mar 4, 2022
Hi @bharat
This is quality information Rob_TO and I am really thankful to you :)
I am going to apply very soon and we will keep you all apprised and will also help others as much as I can.

How to know exactly that I wont be required to leave US and can apply from here and then just move there and not having to go back to my home country. I just want be more sure and if you have some information on the CIC website or some attorney who has this written somewhere or someone in this forum who went to Canada like I am trying to.
I know I am asking for a lot.

thanks In advance :)
Hi Bharat, just wondering if you were able to make any progress with your PR application. My brother have similar case and he is in US wants to come to canada. I am PR in canada and living here from past 11 years. Thanks

moise23

Jun 6, 2023
Hello If i have a pending asylum.in the us but want to study in canada. Can I apply for a studen lt permit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello If i have a pending asylum.in the us but want to study in canada. Can I apply for a studen lt permit
You can submit a study permit. However refusal is almost guaranteed due to your status in the US.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I apply for a student permit in Canada, would ig affect my pending asylum in the US.
Submitting an study permit application will not impact your pending asylum claim in the US. However if you leave the US, then your asylum claim will most likely be impacted.

Cbeltran01

Sep 15, 2023
Hello anyone has any news about this. I am currently at college I did 3 semesters already in early childhood education and I have two years experience in the field. I have a pending case of asylum but I’m trying to go Canada to work because I know they need ECE workers can anyone please help me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello anyone has any news about this. I am currently at college I did 3 semesters already in early childhood education and I have two years experience in the field. I have a pending case of asylum but I’m trying to go Canada to work because I know they need ECE workers can anyone please help me?
You would need to find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process proving no Canadian has the skills or can be hired, only you have the work experience, language and education. Once you have a LMIA, you can apply for a closed work permit. Having an asylum case will make this impossible. Focus on immigration programs like Express Entry or PNP. Look at ECE licensing as you would nee that for the province you are working in.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you have an asylum claim in the US, the chances of any sort of temporary visa (including a work permit) are effectively nil. You would need to focus on applying for immigration through economic immigration programs like Express Entry.

Cbeltran01

Sep 15, 2023
If you have an asylum claim in the US, the chances of any sort of temporary visa (including a work permit) are effectively nil. You would need to focus on applying for immigration through economic immigration programs like Express Entry.
I’m being looking for a lot of information on internet and early childhood educators are needed in Canada I would like to apply for PNP but I don’t know what province

Cbeltran01

Sep 15, 2023
You would need to find an employer willing to go through the LMIA process proving no Canadian has the skills or can be hired, only you have the work experience, language and education. Once you have a LMIA, you can apply for a closed work permit. Having an asylum case will make this impossible. Focus on immigration programs like Express Entry or PNP. Look at ECE licensing as you would nee that for the province you are working in.
I know I’ll need I license here in USA I have already one valid for 5 years. I want to apply PNP but I don’t know which province is the best for me or the one I have more opportunities