+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"pending answer from CIC-Montreal" in GCMS

laomiao

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
I just received my GCMS notes. To my disappointment the latest update was in Feb this year it seems it's automatic update because the medical expired. The update before that was in Oct 2012, and the note is:

"File reviewed. FOSS check done. possible A44 report on sponsor. Email sent to CIC-Montreal. No eligibility/C-dec at this point. Pending answer from CIC-Montreal."

I guess Beijing office hopes Montreal office to verify my residency in Montreal. I didn't see in the GCMS that CIC-Montreal has replied them, and Montreal office never contacted me.

What should I do in this case? I've written to CIC-montreal to ask if by any chance they missed the correspondance from Beijing office. What else can i do?

BTW, what does "no eligibility/c-dec at this point" mean?

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laomiao said:
I just received my GCMS notes. To my disappointment the latest update was in Feb this year it seems it's automatic update because the medical expired. The update before that was in Oct 2012, and the note is:

"File reviewed. FOSS check done. possible A44 report on sponsor. Email sent to CIC-Montreal. No eligibility/C-dec at this point. Pending answer from CIC-Montreal."

I guess Beijing office hopes Montreal office to verify my residency in Montreal. I didn't see in the GCMS that CIC-Montreal has replied them, and Montreal office never contacted me.

What should I do in this case? I've written to CIC-montreal to ask if by any chance they missed the correspondance from Beijing office. What else can i do?

BTW, what does "no eligibility/c-dec at this point" mean?
General information
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp
How to make a request and required forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This is how to read the GCMS notes. Very valuable:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17KrJmBgFUS4UakcSu8ecSQnZn0z9UGmxc9oJ7WOP4LM/edit?pli=1

There is also a group called guide to GCMS.Why don't you post your query there ?

laomiao

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
thank you for your response. but i'm not seeking for general interpretation of GCMS info here. My question is related to a specific officer notes, which I don't think I can find answers in a general guidance.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
laomiao said:
thank you for your response. but i'm not seeking for general interpretation of GCMS info here. My question is related to a specific officer notes, which I don't think I can find answers in a general guidance.
I think Montreal is probably not going to reply to you, but will take a while to respond to Beijing. Reason? It's CIC, they take their time with EVERYTHING. Hopefully they will get back to Beijing sooner rather than later.

Sorry I can't answer the other part, it sounds like a very technical thing that only VO's would know much about.