+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pending 2019 spousal applications - new delhi

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am oct 2019 application still waiting for my decision from new Delhi, Its been 2 years now.
Anyone else in similar situation.

RajinderSD

Nov 22, 2020
Contact your MP and ask them to contact IRCC on your behalf.
I received email from my MP, he was told that they have sent me passport request email which I never received in Feb 20,2021. I have been checking my junk mail too and same time GCKey and online website but nothing was there.
Now from MP office I was told to see if they send something within month and if they don’t then they will try again.
I hope this helps you!

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
I been in contact with my MP for over an year , no help at all.

They keep telling me its in process that's all.

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
On my GC Key it shows no interview required.
But I ordered the GCMS notes in Feb 21 it was showing recommended interview after that dead silence.

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
I have emailed Prime minister and immigration minister same response due to covid things are slow.

I don't understand people who applied after us already received there PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have emailed Prime minister and immigration minister same response due to covid things are slow.

I don't understand people who applied after us already received there PR.
But I ordered the GCMS notes in Feb 21 it was showing recommended interview after that dead silence.
Unfortunately you are likely waiting for an interview. Processing was essentially shut down for a few months and interviews have been on hold due to covid. Would try your MP again and ask about when interviews will start.

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Thank you for the response but its been over 2 years now, they can interview over the phone or zoom. But they can't hold the file for that long.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Would suggest a few things:
-continue asking MP etc but focus the question on how/when will they schedule interviews.

-look at your GMCS and try to determine why interview was recommended. If there is anything at all additional you can provide to IRCC (eg via webform) to address those issues, do so and hope, hope that this will encourage the officer to go ahead without the interview. Provide anything you can eg on relationship, contacts, visits, etc (don't swamp wtih hndreds of pages but a bit of information extra might help move it to reconsideration pile)

-Make sure that they have reliable phone method to contact you - they seem to be doing short "phone call check in interviews" and if that's enough, they proceed without the 'full' interview.

sophie1

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Last conversation with MP was that they don't know when will the interview will be scheduled , i try contacting different they told me the same thing nothing in our hands, you just have to wait.

GMCS notes suggest - insufficient evidence on file to determine relationship and codependency but I have sent detail explanation letter, photos ,up to date phone calls record, Joint bank account.

We did the marriage without our parents consent, it was inter caste marriage it was small ceremony no one was invited. Our parents was against it we went elope and did the marriage.

But later on my husband family was ok we sent the affidavit from this family that they have accepted the relationship.

Not sure what else I can do.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Last conversation with MP was that they don't know when will the interview will be scheduled , i try contacting different they told me the same thing nothing in our hands, you just have to wait.

GMCS notes suggest - insufficient evidence on file to determine relationship and codependency but I have sent detail explanation letter, photos ,up to date phone calls record, Joint bank account.

We did the marriage without our parents consent, it was inter caste marriage it was small ceremony no one was invited. Our parents was against it we went elope and did the marriage.

But later on my husband family was ok we sent the affidavit from this family that they have accepted the relationship.

Not sure what else I can do.
You say you sent detail explanation etc - when? At any rate, update with everything you have that's more recent (and include some stuff that was in original app for good measure).

Try again with MP, keep trying, order GCMS again. Try to prhase this with MP as "please assist with getting interview scheduled." Draft some letters to MP, minister, visa officer, ambassador, etc - share with press eventually - that this approach on interview that they are not scheduling because of caste difference is unfair and reinforces caste system; covid cannot delay interview forever when can be done by phone; you have provided ample information about relationship and justification for not having 'traditional' marriage; etc.

Simple bureaucratic rule: you want to make it easy to do what you want (provide more information to confirm it's a genuine relationship) and make it uncomfortable for them to continue delaying.

Good luck.