+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Peculiar Transcript problem

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

I am in the midst of getting my Transcripts from my University and I've already run into weird problems. I completed my graduation (from Delhi University, India) in 2002 and was handed over my bachelor's degree in 2003. I've submitted that degree twice before (to CIC) once in 2003 (student visa) and later on in 2012 (dependent visa) without a hitch. This time around, when I had my folks go in to get the Transcripts, the university realized that there were some discrepancies in my marks. They evidently found out that my marks were wrongly written and thus the degree issued thereafter needs to be re-issued. ( There's apparently a change in Division from 1st to 2nd)

Although my folks tried explaining that the Canadian Govt takes degree disparities very seriously and that I could be reprimanded, the best the University promised to do was to write an attested letter (they would put that inside the sealed transcript envelope) explaining their folly and that they would re-issue the degree soon after. Now, reissuing the degree takes forever and I was hoping on providing my Transcripts to WES this month itself.

Has anybody else have had any experience with WES evaluating cases like mine? How would they react if I send them a photocopy of my old degree along with the sealed transcripts? Let's say even if WES does manage to evaluate my degree, would I run into problems while submitting my digital copy of the current degree to CIC?

Would appreciate you comments. Thank You.