July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i did. My situation was that the PCC were about 4/5 mths old when i sent it :(

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Hello All,

You need to get the PCC from whichever country you are (we all know this) - the pCC need to be not more than 3 months old when you send it to CIC (when requested) from them, if you send the PCC under the new rules and it was not 3 months old at the time you sent, they will not ask you again. I am pre-Feb 27th, they did not asked me so send the PCC and I still sent them (my mistake to send them in advance), after 1 month they completed my IA and by that time one of the PCC was more than 3 months old, so they asked me again.

At the time of IA, they asked me to update the PCC which was older and the rest of them were fine. So in your case under the new rules, if you guys are required to submit all PCC with the application, then you are OK, if along the time of process, these PCC gets older than 3 months, they will not ask again because they asked you to submit and you submitted it less than 3 months old PCC at that time.

Now since I have submitted my PCC, and if my final decision takes more than 6 months. I will (or may) not be required to submit the new PCC

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Thanks NewYorker,
The question is what date should be considered when you want to calculate the three month validity? On CIC instructions it says they should not be older than three months when you SUBMITyour application. What date is considered the submission date? The date you sign the application to Sydney? The date they say in their letter they have rteceived your application? The date they send out the approval letter from Sydney? Or the date you submit the full application to the local visa office?

The lock-in date for category 1 skilled worker class, as indicated by the CIC on their website, is the date they receive your application. This date is used when they determine your age for example. Will this hold for PCCs as well? Please do share your thoughts. Thanks

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Most likely the date they have received your application, if you remember back in Feb 2008 when the new rules applied on applicant, they calculated the date when they received the application not the date of AOR, not the date you sign, not the date you mailed etc.

Remember AOR and receiving dates are two different things, receiving date is when they receive your mail and may not open immediately, AOR is when they open your mail and checked everything is in order in your application. So lets take an example of IELTS result, if your IELTS test was valid at the time they received the application and by the time they send you an AOR, the IELTS result expired (more than 1 year old), they will take the same IELTS result because at the time of receiving it was valid.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
So is it receiving at Sydney or the local visa office for FSW category 1 applicant.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Rupesh, look at this, what do you think?

Lock-in date
The lock-in date will be the date that the application is received at the CIO (occupations on the list) or at the visa office (AEOs, Temporary Foreign Workers and International Students).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/ob089.asp

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
rupeshhari said:
So is it receiving at Sydney or the local visa office for FSW category 1 applicant.
Wherever the application goes first, applicant is not responsible if it take 3 months to transfer to the local visa office.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes but since they only expect you to get the PCC after they say okay to send to the local visa office, wouldn't it be that it should be less than 3month old when the application is received at the local visa office. Well, i am hoping for Sydney because mine was less than 3 months when I sent in my application to Sydney but not to the visa office.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
rupeshhari said:
Yes but since they only expect you to get the PCC after they say okay to send to the local visa office, wouldn't it be that it should be less than 3month old when the application is received at the local visa office. Well, i am hoping for Sydney because mine was less than 3 months when I sent in my application to Sydney but not to the visa office.
I don't know about the new procedure, if they says to send the PCC to the Local Office and not with the initial application then yes it needs to be valid at the time local received it, taking out PCC in advance is not a good idea since some of them are very hard to get and same happened to me, I took it even before they asked, and I sent them when they asked and it expired. The best thing to get prepared for the prerequisites of the PCC, once they ask, you are ready to take it out. Like one of my PCC required me to get the fingerprint verified by the DOJ and DOS in the US, that only took 45 days.

Now if you have sent your PCC to Sydney and your file transferred to local, wait til they ask again, if they don't ask - its good for you.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yeah, i am waiting nervously for that request and for my IELTS :(.

I saw the country data for IELTS and I can see why some countries are asked to do them even though the people might have studied in English all their lives. Unfortunately, I applied under one of those passports.

Thanks for the replies. They were helpful.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rupesh,
I think there is/has been a confusion somewhere.
I can very well remember that the 3 Months validity is for the country that you presently reside in.
Countries for which you already have the PCC and no longer reside in need not be current. I am sure I posted these lines on this forum which I extracted from the CIC documents or Website.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
yeah, i am waiting nervously for that request and for my IELTS :(.

I saw the country data for IELTS and I can see why some countries are asked to do them even though the people might have studied in English all their lives. Unfortunately, I applied under one of those passports.

Thanks for the replies. They were helpful.
where is the link to this so called country Data?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
BobbyB said:
Rupesh,
I think there is/has been a confusion somewhere.
I can very well remember that the 3 Months validity is for the country that you presently reside in.
Countries for which you already have the PCC and no longer reside in need not be current. I am sure I posted these lines on this forum which I extracted from the CIC documents or Website.
Not true, I have to update the PCC from a country where I no longer reside, I had it ready in November 2008 thinking the same you just said, when I sent in February, it has crossed the 3 months mark so I am getting a new one. My mistake was, I shouldn't took it out until the request for it, but lesson rearmed.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NewYorker,

I am not pulling a fast one, As per London CIC old website, (as regards Pre-feb2008) that was what was stated there.
All I can conclude from this is that it is different for different offices.

By the way which office was yours?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hey Bobbyb

Hope you are doing well. Here is one set of data http://www.ielts.org/teachers_and_researchers/analysis_of_test_data/test-taker_performance_2006.aspx

here is the overall link: http://www.ielts.org/teachers_and_researchers/analysis_of_test_data.aspx