+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC-VIP's please help!

BD_TIGER

May 11, 2014
Hey Guys,

I would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me on the questions below:

I left my country of Citizenship before I turned 18 years... Do I still need PCC from my home country?

Currently I reside in Canada... Do I require PCC from Canada?

Thanks in Advance :)

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
You don't need a police certificate for Canada. CIC does it's own background checks.

As for your home country, if you lived there for 6 months from the day you turned 18, then yes you do require a police certificate. If you left before your 6 months period, then you DO NOT need a police certificate.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mazamilam said:
You don't need a police certificate for Canada. CIC does it's own background checks.

As for your home country, if you lived there for 6 months from the day you turned 18, then yes you do require a police certificate. If you left before your 6 months period, then you DO NOT need a police certificate.
I would suggest that the OP obtain his home country PCC as there is a very good chance that CIC will request. They have no way of determining if s/he returned there since leave. (They can but they are probably not going to do the work to find out)

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
BD_TIGER said:
Hey Guys,

I would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me on the questions below:

I left my country of Citizenship before I turned 18 years... Do I still need PCC from my home country?

Currently I reside in Canada... Do I require PCC from Canada?

Thanks in Advance :)
Do you have any solid proof that you not visited home country?

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
visaowl said:
Entry stamps are quite conclusive in that sense.
As example in Ukraine, if you Ukrainian you get no stamps in your passport when you entering country.
This rule is not quite solid.

So absence of stamps is not a good proof.

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nick.rwth said:
As example in Ukraine, if you Ukrainian you get no stamps in your passport when you entering country.
This rule is not quite solid.

So absence of stamps is not a good proof.
Well Ukrainians seem pretty intelligent then. Why would someone want to track how and who entered Ukraine ::)

You get entry stamps while entering Canada. Every time. That is conclusive enough proof for CIC of last time anybody entered Canada.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
visaowl said:
Well Ukrainians seem pretty intelligent then. Why would someone want to track how and who entered Ukraine ::)

You get entry stamps while entering Canada. Every time. That is conclusive enough proof for CIC of last time anybody entered Canada.
I entered Canada only once:)
1,5 years ago)

Have 1 stamp only))))
Never new about that rule

BD_TIGER

May 11, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

I would suggest that the OP obtain his home country PCC as there is a very good chance that CIC will request. They have no way of determining if s/he returned there since leave. (They can but they are probably not going to do the work to find out)
Thank you very much for your reply :)

I left my country before I turned 18 and visited 4-5 times since then but never stayed more than a month at a time. I have stamps on passport, besides I am going to explain on my travel history...Do you think I should still obtain it? Please let me know.

BD_TIGER

May 11, 2014
nick.rwth said:
Do you have any solid proof that you not visited home country?
I have visited my home country 4-5 times since I left the country. But never stayed more than a month at a time.

Big_Boy

Aug 31, 2014
Guys,

I am in the exactly same situation....what would be the best option?...its not easy to get a PCC from my home country :eek:

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
Big_Boy said:
Guys,

I am in the exactly same situation....what would be the best option?...its not easy to get a PCC from my home country :eek:
You can add explanation letter but I believe then could ask for that letter.
Home country is mandatory to my opinion