+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC -Validity from India

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Depends... E.g. I got my Indian PCC in 2021 for a Canadian WP but I never traveled to India after I entered canada and I was allowed to use the same PCC i got in 2021 for the PR in late 2022. So It there is no binary answer

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Depends where you are resident when you apply for Indian PCC. If you live in India, PCC is valid only 6 months. If you are applying outside of India, it has no expiry date as such as long as you dont travel to India. The minute you land in India that PCC is invalid.

Riyan Visas

Apr 18, 2023
The validity of an Indian Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) varies depending on the purpose and country of use.

For example, if you are applying for a job in India, the PCC is usually valid for six months from the date of issuance. However, if you are applying for a visa to travel or work abroad, the validity period may differ based on the requirements of the country you are applying to.

In general, the validity of a PCC for international purposes is typically one year from the date of issuance. However, some countries may require a PCC to be no more than three or six months old. It's important to check the specific requirements of the country or organization you are submitting the PCC to.

It's worth noting that the validity of a PCC can also depend on the issuing authority in India. Some police departments may issue PCCs with longer validity periods than others, so it's always best to confirm the validity period with the issuing authority.

D

Deleted member 981115

was youR PR application approved using old PCC?
Depends... E.g. I got my Indian PCC in 2021 for a Canadian WP but I never traveled to India after I entered canada and I was allowed to use the same PCC i got in 2021 for the PR in late 2022. So It there is no binary answer

Reactions: Reginapacis

RAGHU_RAM

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

I have question regarding the PCC.
I applied PCC for Express entry from BLS- Canada.
After I got the PCC, If I travel to India for 2 months and comeback to Canada.
Can I submit document for express entry under CEC or Do I need to apply for a new one after comming back from India?

Thank you!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,

Can I submit document for express entry under CEC or Do I need to apply for a new one after comming back from India?

Thank you!
You have to get a new PCC.

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi,

Thank you!
Your PCC will expire the minute you land in India, so you need to get a new PCC after your return.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

Thank you!
A PCC is usually valid for one year from the date of issue, but you’ll need to provide a PCC that was issued within the past 6 months from your current country of residence.

For countries that you lived in or traveled in for more than 6 months, you’ll need a certificate that was issued after your most recent visit of 6 months or longer. It may still be accepted even after its expiration date, so long as it is not your current country of residence.

Because the processing time for PCCs can vary widely, it’s best to ensure that they are all valid and up-to-date at the time you intend to apply for your visa. If you’ve submitted your profile to the Canada Express Entry system, it’s probably a good time to begin requesting your PCCs.

Tinkerbell18

Star Member
Sep 15, 2023
Depends where you are resident when you apply for Indian PCC. If you live in India, PCC is valid only 6 months. If you are applying outside of India, it has no expiry date as such as long as you dont travel to India. The minute you land in India that PCC is invalid.
Please can you help. If I reside in India since birth, n get PCC issued in India in September, but travel after that for 6 days only to Hong Kong in October n return, is that PCC valid for submission to iron in Dec? Or just because I traveled to Hong Kong for a couple of days I need a new PCC?

richardprk9

Apr 1, 2023
Hello,
I got my PCC from India in Feb, 2022. I never went to India ever since I came to Canada (Dec 2017). Now do I need to apply any kind of PCC from Canada or I need new PCC from India? Thanks

Harsh12

Sep 15, 2021
Hello All,

I have got my ITA. One of its requirement is Police clearance certificate from India. I am currently living in Alberta and I have got my PCC from India through my dad who is staying there. Just have confusion, because I applied through BLS but it’s been more than 2 months and I didn’t get it yet. So it’s ok if I have it done personally from India through my dad that’s one I will use?