Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Hi,
I am expecting ITA in next draw - CRS 480.
I have lived in Qatar from 14-Jun-2015 to 19-Aug-2016. And since then moved here to Canada for Master studies.
Now, last year i got PCC from Qatar Dated: 15-May-2017. PCC has a validity of 6 months.
Date of departure from Qatar: 19-Aug-2016
Date of issuance of PCC : 15-May-2017
I never travelled back to Qatar again. Am i good to use same PCC (which was roughly valid untill 15-Nov-2017) with the fact that i never travelled back to Qatar after issuance of PCC? Or do i need to issue a new PCC?
Issuing a new is much headche now, due to change of rules.
Please advise.
Thanks,

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Thanks,
Yes, i also think the same as it makes logical sense as well.
However, seeking opinion/personal expereinces on a matter like that so that i can avoid any delay later on.

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
I can confirm that a friend of mine used his expired PCC from Oman and he has now landed. U should be fine
Thanks for sharing the experience.

I will be provide the same PCC, and will write and LOE to avoid any confusion.

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Old PCC should be enough, given the fact that you didn’t travel to Qatar again
Any insight to below?
I am civil engineer by profession. I completed my BSc civil engineering in Aug 2013. I am on job since then. However, i am claiming points only for 1 year of expereince.
I worked as a "Planning Engineer" in a company from June 2015 to Aug 2016 (and then came Canada for Master study). My roles matches to NOC Code 0711 (Construction Manager) and does not match well with NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer).
I have selected NOC 0711 (Construction Manager) as my primary occupation. My question is:
- I perfectly understand, that for any experience, roles should match over 60-70% to NOC and title does not matter much (in my case i can have a reference letter with the title Planning Engineer with actual roles matching with NOC 0711). Right?
- My main concern: is it fine to go with NOC 0 (0711), as this is meant for managerial positions? Even though i was not actually a Manager but was a junior. I did had prior experience (from Aug 2013 to June 2015), when i started working as "Planning Engineer".
Please provide your recommendations.
Thanks,

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
From what I understand, job titles are of very less importance. Job titles can differ company to company,country to country. As long as your roles and responsibilities match with that of the selected NOC, you should be good to go.

Check the helpcentre of the CIC website. No where it has been mentioned that you need a match for job titles. But they are quite serious about the match of the roles and responsibilities with the particular NOCs under which you claim the points.

"If after submitting your Express Entry profile you are invited to apply, you must show that you did the job as described in the occupational description of the NOC, meaning that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in NOC, your application will be refused."

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
From what I understand, job titles are of very less importance. Job titles can differ company to company,country to country. As long as your roles and responsibilities match with that of the selected NOC, you should be good to go.

Check the helpcentre of the CIC website. No where it has been mentioned that you need a match for job titles. But they are quite serious about the match of the roles and responsibilities with the particular NOCs under which you claim the points.

"If after submitting your Express Entry profile you are invited to apply, you must show that you did the job as described in the occupational description of the NOC, meaning that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in NOC, your application will be refused."
Thanks for your comment.
And i agree with you. Let wait for others opinion as well. So far i am fine to go with 0711 NOC.

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hi,
I am expecting ITA in next draw - CRS 480.
I have lived in Qatar from 14-Jun-2015 to 19-Aug-2016. And since then moved here to Canada for Master studies.
Now, last year i got PCC from Qatar Dated: 15-May-2017. PCC has a validity of 6 months.
Date of departure from Qatar: 19-Aug-2016
Date of issuance of PCC : 15-May-2017
I never travelled back to Qatar again. Am i good to use same PCC (which was roughly valid untill 15-Nov-2017) with the fact that i never travelled back to Qatar after issuance of PCC? Or do i need to issue a new PCC?
Issuing a new is much headche now, due to change of rules.
Please advise.
Thanks,

Hello bro,

I am currently in the same situation , did they accept a pcc issue after the date of departure and more than one year old ?

Thanks

dante_batusai

Oct 13, 2019
I can confirm that a friend of mine used his expired PCC from Oman and he has now landed. U should be fine
Hi Jaffaral and assalamu alaikum to your dear brother.

I currently have my PR application in process. I am being sponsored by my wife on a spousal visa to Canada. Applied from outside Canada.

I stayed in Qatar for 6 months and exited. Before I left, I got a PCC (May 2018) which is obviously expired. However, I have never returned to Qatar.

Now based on your comment, was your friend in a similar situation where they were applying from outside Canada and used and expired PCC when it was requested and still got it accepted in his application?

I am have sent a scanned copy of the original to CIC via a webform on their website and I haven't heard from them in a week's time. Only have 5 weeks remaining till the deadline.

I will greatly appreciate your feedback or any advice you may have for me and others who are in this situation.

Kind regards,

Dante

sirmez

Nov 25, 2023
Any insight to below?
I am civil engineer by profession. I completed my BSc civil engineering in Aug 2013. I am on job since then. However, i am claiming points only for 1 year of expereince.
I worked as a "Planning Engineer" in a company from June 2015 to Aug 2016 (and then came Canada for Master study). My roles matches to NOC Code 0711 (Construction Manager) and does not match well with NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer).
I have selected NOC 0711 (Construction Manager) as my primary occupation. My question is:
- I perfectly understand, that for any experience, roles should match over 60-70% to NOC and title does not matter much (in my case i can have a reference letter with the title Planning Engineer with actual roles matching with NOC 0711). Right?
- My main concern: is it fine to go with NOC 0 (0711), as this is meant for managerial positions? Even though i was not actually a Manager but was a junior. I did had prior experience (from Aug 2013 to June 2015), when i started working as "Planning Engineer".
Please provide your recommendations.
Thanks,
Hi Umer,
I have the same situation as yours. Could you advise if you have used NOC 0711 and it was accepted, please?

Thank you very much.