+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC + Travel History

graacekim

Oct 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, I just joined today for two questions I couldn't find answers to..

I am 22 years old, and I've been an international student here in Canada since grade 7 (age 12). I have a 2 year college diploma and 2 years of work experience as of October 2016 with CLB 10+..but this clearly did not give me enough points for an ITA.

I almost gave up and was thinking of going back to school, but I finally got invited to apply for BC PNP. I recently submitted my application and I'm hoping to get nominated soon. I'm just trying to get everything ready for Express Entry at this point, and I had a few questions regarding Police certificates and travel history.

I understand that pcc is required for countries that I visited for 6 months or more EXCEPT Canada since the age of 18. I have visited my home country twice since the age of 18, and the total duration only comes to 2-3 months. Does this mean I don't need to get any sort of police certificates? Not even the RCMP one?

Also, for the travel history, I saw that all international travels in the last 10 years are required. Does this include EVERY single day trips I took down to US via road? All the way from 2006?...Or like all other documents, do I need to provide all travel history since the age of 18? I looked everywhere but I couldn't find any clear answers to those questions.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to help! :-*

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not have to get a PCC for Canada.

You need to provide travel history except travels from your country of residence to your country of origin (and vice-versa)

Cheers ;)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
No PCC needed and yes to all travel dates you can provide. They will be able to check so be as careful as possible. If you can't remember all then write an explanation in your LOE.

It's hard for europeans, too. Driving around we pass several cou tries and often without showing passports. When on holiday skiing in France you can get a chair lift and have lunch in Italy...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DelPiero07 said:
You do not have to get a PCC for Canada.

You need to provide travel history except travels from your country of residence to your country of origin (and vice-versa)

Cheers ;)
Quit stalking me!!!!! ;)

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
I traveled alot while i was in medical school. My travel history was a real hassle. But it was worth it. My point is...give them everything. All the travel history you can remember. Better to give too much info. And if you traveled to any country including your home country for a combined duration of 6 months (Even if you needed 2 or 3 visits to get there)you need a PCC for that country.
Cheers and Goodluck.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
graacekim said:
I understand that pcc is required for countries that I visited for 6 months or more EXCEPT Canada since the age of 18. I have visited my home country twice since the age of 18, and the total duration only comes to 2-3 months. Does this mean I don't need to get any sort of police certificates? Not even the RCMP one?
No, you do not need the RCMP.

But you should get the one for your home country, regardless of whether you have spent a full 6 months there since you turned 18. If you do not provide it with your application, you will have to provide a written explanation, and IRCC can ask for it anyway - LIKELY to ask for it anyway, and then there will be delays while waiting to get it. My suggestion would be to just go ahead and get it (unless for some reason it is extremely difficult to obtain).

graacekim

Oct 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for your responses!
I actually submitted my application for BCPNP yesterday and just got my nomination.. in less than 24 hours!
I'M BEYOND EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope there is a draw tomorrow :p

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one more thing. You do not need list travelling to your home country. You also do not need to list anything below when you were 18 years old (travel or private history).
But you shall provide police certificate from your citizenship country regardless if you have stayed there long enouh or not. Catch is that not all countries do stamp your passport or id on incomming so to prove that short period would be way too tricky. Better safe than sorry.
As for people in schengen eu area we have no sound mean just how to recognise that. (All it needs sometimes is to move on the other end of the sreet. Or how about taking a boat on the border river - shall we observe when the boat will be closer to the other side or what...).

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
Hello Friends,

We are living in Canada for past two years. My wife is in PGWP now ( previously on Study permit) and I am in Open Work permit. My wife got BC PNP approved. With CRS point close to 1000 we are expecting an invitation soon.

My query is
- because we both are working here, I have been working full time for past 1.5 years and she is working full time past 4 months - Do we still need to show funds 25K CAD ( which I had mentioned when filling "Come to Canada" Wizard) in our accounts? If yes, is the funds need to be in her bank account only or as a spouse and dependant applicant, we can show funds from both of our accounts?

- We have Police Clearance Certificate received in Nov 2018, and travelled India for three weeks on March 2019. Can we use this PCC or do we need to apply it again?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello Friends,

We are living in Canada for past two years. My wife is in PGWP now ( previously on Study permit) and I am in Open Work permit. My wife got BC PNP approved. With CRS point close to 1000 we are expecting an invitation soon.

My query is
- because we both are working here, I have been working full time for past 1.5 years and she is working full time past 4 months - Do we still need to show funds 25K CAD ( which I had mentioned when filling "Come to Canada" Wizard) in our accounts? If yes, is the funds need to be in her bank account only or as a spouse and dependant applicant, we can show funds from both of our accounts?

- We have Police Clearance Certificate received in Nov 2018, and travelled India for three weeks on March 2019. Can we use this PCC or do we need to apply it again?
Only CEC applicants with closed work permit can waive fund requirements. I may be wrong on this. Just fill out the application and it will automatically tell you if proof of funds is needed. You can use any individual or jointly held accounts to show the funds. If there is anybody other than you two on the account, they will have to execute a gift deed or some affidavit.

PCC must be issued after you last visited that country.

Reactions: anuragn2

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
Only CEC applicants with closed work permit can waive fund requirements. I may be wrong on this. Just fill out the application and it will automatically tell you if proof of funds is needed. You can use any individual or jointly held accounts to show the funds. If there is anybody other than you two on the account, they will have to execute a gift deed or some affidavit.

PCC must be issued after you last visited that country.
Thank you Lampbreaker, appreciate your response. I will apply for PCC.